Job description / Role
Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of Enterprise Enterprise Document Management solutions based on the Micrsoft SharePoint and Kofax platforms as well as on a variety of in-house developed .NET-based applications. The incumbent is also responsible for documenting, analyzing, coding, testing, and maintaining software programs and applications as per the specifications and plans, using the .Net development tool.
- Analyze business processes and design IT systems to meet the requirements of the CBD Business Functions
- Develop new applications as per systems analysis and design documents and plan using the .Net development framework.
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents and perform coding.
- Involve quality assurance function in a timely manner to review and test the new programs as well as changes to existing programs.
- Write or contribute to instructions or user manuals to guide end users.
- Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Compile and document program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Conduct trial runs/ testing of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using approved system development life cycle standards.
- Maintain libraries of software codes with appropriate version controls.
- Carefully analyze possible software and application code changes to ensure congruence with the Bank's long term planning and approved strategy.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Document functional and non-functional (security, availability, performance) software specifications in alignment to the corporate guidelines and principles
- Undertake software development activities and ensure timely and accurate delivery of the specifications
- Undertake unit and system integration testing in order to meet software quality objectives
- Undertake application support and maintenance activities
- Prepare projects and applications reports adhering to the Bank's policies, procedures, and guidelines in order to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare technical manuals for users and operators of the applications
- Train key users to the applications functionality, including the identification, troubleshooting and reporting of issues
- Prepare Application System Recovery Plans
- University graduate in Computer Science
- Professional qualifications in Software Development, Agile Development and Software Applications Lifecycle Management
- Proficient in developing .NET applications, SharePoint, EDMs and experience in web based programming
- 6+ years of experience in implementing and managing Enterprise Document Management and Imaging applications using Microsoft SharePoint and Kofax
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Supervisory skills
- Inter- personal relations skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.