Job description / Role
Senior Director required for a Leading Management Consulting company based in Dubai, UAE. The role involves offering critical assistance to companies that are under-performing or experiencing a full-blown liquidity crisis. Working directly with company management, you will be helping stabilise financial and operational performance by developing and implementing comprehensive profitability and working capital Improvements. Your involvement reassures creditors that the company is taking important steps to address its problems and maximise its value.
You will have the opportunity to work with leading Global private equity houses and their portfolio companies on an international basis as well as high profile investment banks and multi-national companies. The goal is to improve cash flow and EBITDA and to provide earnings benefits through hands-on involvement in our clients’ operations and transactions. Furthermore, your job is to support PE firms, bank syndicates and hedge funds to ensure their portfolio companies have credible plans and the ability to execute and deliver the financial results required.
The Turnaround and Restructuring practice has experienced unprecedented growth and therefore, an opportunity exists for us to strengthen the team at the Senior Director level in order to provide resources and leverage to a growing and highly experienced Senior Management team. We are seeking talented, ambitious, experienced and entrepreneurial recruits who are interested in developing their careers in the much sought-after turnaround and restructuring space.
The successful candidate will be adept at building a cash flow forecast and will have a firm understanding of liquidity management. A working knowledge of corporate finance in restructurings and insolvency regimes is preferable as is an understanding of P&L and asset efficiency (working capital) performance improvement processes.
In addition, the successful candidate will also possess excellent negotiating skills, ideally gained in a restructuring environment, whether in the context of commercial / supplier agreements, closure of an entity/divestment of assets, negotiating with banks, or dealing with management teams or trade unions.
Ideally, a Senior Director will be able to sell additional work by successfully identifying client needs, facilitating the definition of the role and winning client trust. Ultimately, the successful appointee will be recognized by the client as the lead for value contributed on engagements and therefore build his/her own credible network of contacts and referral sources with clients, professionals and institutions.
In addition, successful hires should demonstrate the following capabilities;
• Experience in Turnaround Management, including business plan development, financial projections development and review, designing and implementing cash conservation guidelines and controls
• Ability to conduct an initial rapid diagnostic into the company's immediate and future cash needs, product profitability, cost base, major operational issues, market position and options for restructuring
• Demonstrate recent, relevant leadership experience in a bankruptcy or turnaround situation
• Collaborating with company management on interim and crisis management assignments - often undertaking the FD/CFO, or VP Ops lead roles. These roles will include designing contingency plans and implementing and managing short-term cash flow
• Reviewing client performance figures and analysing data to develop fact based analysis to examine the root cause of problems
• Developing and implementing performance improvement solutions to solve under-performance on both cost and revenue lines
• Robust understanding of accounting and business plan modelling
• Connections with and exposure to private equity (large and midcap), associated with restructuring and turnaround
• Ability to create and implement new operating plans to restructure and improve operational performance
• Coaching and developing more junior members of the team as well as managing upwards across the relevant MD/SBU community
Academics and qualifications
• Exceptional academics and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• ACA qualification is essential in addition to experience gained with one of the 'Big 4’ firms is, ideally from within the Transactions and/or Corporate Recovery practices
• The preferred candidate may have a combination of advisory and line management with P&L responsibility
• MA or MBA degree is highly advantageous
• Fluency in English is a must with Arabic deemed highly desirable.
The role offers a generous tax-free package + significant bonus. Total compensation can easily surpass 400k USD and the opportunity offers a clear path to Partnership.
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Manager - Strategy Consulting for O&G - Tier One Strategy House
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Principal - Strategy Consulting
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Group Finance Director / CFO (Construction)
Turnaround Restructuring (TRS) Senior Vice President – Global Management Consultancy
NSI & Bluefin Talent