Job description / Role
Position Title: Senior Drilling Engineer
Employment Type: 1 year renewable contract
Salary: all inclusive depending on experience and qualifications
Job Location: UAE
About the Client:
A leading oil and gas company in UAE
• Accountable for performing all duties with due regard to the health, safety of self, others and of the environment in which they are undertaken.
• Ensure that well designs and construction procedures comply with company's requirements and the relevant legislative requirements.
• Liaison with Production and Subsurface teams to ensure that objectives for well construction and/or well intervention are set and fully detailed in the procedures for each well.
• Responsible for technical content of all programs and program amendments for the construction, re-entry, repair of a well.
• Casing, cement, directional, bit selection, drilling fluids/well hydraulics, completion fluids, drill-string, data acquisition, well suspension, well intervention design work.
• Modelling of drilling load scenarios.
• Performance and Lost-Time reporting and analysis.
• Technical analysis, contingency plans and solutions for well challenges.
• Liaison and communications with rig and service contractors in planning and operations processes.
• Day to day office based well operations support.
• Preparation of statutory notifications to government and other parties.
• Preparation of cost estimates and AFE’s for planning and well construction / intervention / repair.
• Well risk assessment and contingency planning.
• Technical input for tendering, evaluation and award of completion and testing service contracts.
• Work planning and scheduling.
• Perform predrilling reviews and multi-function reviews in advance of operations.
• Liaison with well test and Completions engineers on testing and completion requirements.
• Work at well site to support the drilling supervisors during critical operations.
• Preparation of after-action reviews, performance monitoring and final well reports.
• Liaise with the Procurement Department to have all materials (including “Long Lead Items”), equipment and services ordered to ensure uninterrupted operations.
• Actively mentor trainee engineers and / or new drilling engineers in the organization.
• Provide weekend engineering support to the Drilling Superintendents and Drilling Supervisors.
• Provide technical support during Emergency Response incidents.
• Male, 45 years old and below
• Should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• IWCF Level 4 Well Control certified.
• Minimum 15 years drilling & well completion (a plus) experience working for international operating companies.
• Have experience in drilling & well services engineering & operations, HT experience essential, HPHT experience preferred.
• Have a strong background in drilling engineering and well testing design in addition to a basic knowledge of completion and well testing engineering.
• Have international experience and significant onshore drilling experience in the Middle East.
• Ideally has worked in the UAE before and knows the service industry.
• Proficient in using OpenWells, Compass, WellPlan, StressCheck, WellCat, other completion engineering applications, etc.
About the Company
RTC-1 Employment Services is a licensed recruitment firm based in Dubai, UAE. Our team has been in the market since 2004 and we are supporting various industries with their staffing needs across the Middle East and Africa.