Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
WSP Middle East are currently seeking to recruit an experienced consultant with a background in EIA and environmental strategy development. WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Project manage and author large scale environmental projects including (EIA, SEA, CEMP, environmental emergency response strategies, pollution prevention frameworks) for major projects across the region with a particular focus on KSA projects.
* An excellent understanding of the EIA processes environmental assessment methods and applicable planning legislation in the Middle East.
* Focus on management of EIA, ESIA, SEAs and similar studies with day-to-day management and co-ordination across a range of project.
* Managing the preparation of EIA, ESIA, SEAs and similar studies, including the technical review of specialist chapters
* Working collaboratively with design and planning teams to ensure environmental considerations.
* A detailed understanding of relevant environmental consenting and licensing requirements.
* Manage project financial performance and meeting profit targets.
* Prepare and manage multi-disciplinary tenders and seek opportunities for new work.
* Travel within the region, including travel to KSA for short periods of time.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BSc and MSc degree level qualified in a relevant environmental or engineering discipline.
* Membership of a relevant professional body (i.e. IEMA or equivalent) and preferably chartered status.
* Minimum of 8-10? years of experience in managing large complex environmental projects across a number of disciplines.
* Experience of working in an international consultancy.
* Experience in undertaking air dispersion or noise modeling could be advantageous.
* Ability to work across multiple disciplines and a flexible mindset to working.
* Experience in providing technical alternatives and solutions to technical clarifications and design solutions to clients.
* Significant proofing, editing, and report collation experience.
* Excellent written English and verbal communication, presentation and organizational skills.
* Experience in working on multiple projects, simultaneously.
* Robust project management, time management and financial management skills.
* Collaborative mindset and outcome-driven working method.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.