Job description / Role
In the role of Senior Electrical Engineer your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Be responsible for the design and technical delivery of a wide range of projects, in various engineering sectors predominantly focusing on retail, hotel and commercial buildings
- Lead engineering teams comprising building services engineers, structural engineers and civil engineers
- Act as mentor to junior employees within the team
- Understand client and market requirements
- Take an active role in liaising with clients on face to face basis to deliver project and grow the business
- Assist with bidding and developing the business (when necessary)
- It is expected that the candidate will want to develop personally and take on greater management and commercial responsibilities for which training and mentoring will be offered
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunities employer.
- Strong, self-motivated, degree qualified Electrical Engineer
- MCIBSE or MIET qualified or near chartered
- Significant experience and a proven track record in the field of electrical design for building services engineering which should include 11KV substations and infrastructure, standby power, HV and LV switchgear, power distribution systems, internal and external lighting and controls as well as an understanding of security systems, comms and data.
- Min 7 years' experience in buildings design and construction with a reputed firm of consulting engineers.
- Excellent knowledge of the Middle East (ME) region and specific knowledge of the various authority submissions processes such as DEWA, ADDC and Karamaah.
- Excellent awareness of other building services disciplines such as Mechanical, PH and Fire engineering as well as architectural and structural engineering services and should be familiar with ACAD drawing production and ideally REVIT 3D modelling concepts.
- Aware of LEED and Estidama processes relevant to electrical services load efficiencies.
- Willingness to be flexible and develop skills in various engineering sectors
- Comfortable and capable in a client facing position and able to communicate well in design team meetings and presentations.
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.