Job description / Role
This project involves PMC services for design management and construction supervision of several infrastructure packages within Saadiyat Island and Sir Bani Yas Island.
The position entails the candidate to lead 11kV Rationalization and DMS Integration across Saadiyat Island. This position will lead the integration of all 22kV Substations with ADDC DMS network. The Design is partially completed for 11kV network but needs an update and survey of existing substations to design the needed DMS integration.
The position will also oversee the design and engineering management of Electrical Systems, Controls and system interfaces. Closely liaises with all infrastructure systems and engineering staff and stakeholders to ensure execution, start up, commissioning and handover of Electrical Systems.
• Provides technical input to consultants as required during the design phase.
• Participates in design progress meetings as required.
• Coordinates electrical systems including, power distribution, low voltage, lighting, grounding, panel distribution boards and electrical controls.
• Coordinates all electrical load requirements for all the plots, manages and tracks overall demand.
• Reviews completeness of Consultant's submittals and ensures incorporation of comments received from reviewers, stakeholders, other entities.
• Prepares and supports technical design package through to tender.
• Prepares reports, manuals and guidelines documents pertaining to specific electrical and demand control issues as requested by client.
SITE ENGINEERING SUPPORT
• Ensures start of initial review by Consultant for completeness of electrical systems and equipment, Contractor Submittals and RFI(s).
• Verifies completeness and adequacy of submittal reviews and RFI responses, validates inter-disciplinary input prior to return to the Contractor.
• Assists in validation of record drawings and post-occupancy evaluations.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position during construction as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
• At least 13 years engineering, supervision and design experience in large infrastructure development projects.
• Must have experience on electrical systems as it relates to high and low voltage power distribution systems, protections, and supply of power to end users in the development.
• Good communication, verbal and written skills.
• Knowledge of international standards, codes and regulations.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.