Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer (Building Services Engineering) to join our dynamic team in Dubai.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
To supervise the development of the functional designs of a project in line with Stantec’s Quality Standards, Client and Statutory Authority requirements
• Be responsible for all aspects of the Electrical Design delivery on projects assigned to the individual
• Will lead, manage and take ownership of the Electrical Design team engaged in accurate and quality driven delivery of various projects
• Communicates and coordinates with all Disciplines and Stakeholders on a daily basis, and when required the ability to coordinate with teams across other Stantec Global offices.
• Demonstrates an understanding of budgeting and supporting requirements for project / bids
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise directly with Clients, Statutory Authorities, and other 3rd parties as required.
• Demonstrates ownership qualities, for the team quality, and the timely delivery of projects
• Demonstrates ability to master being a discipline specific Senior Design Engineer as defined by Stantec procedures
• Demonstrates sound understanding of other related building design disciplines
• Demonstrates mentoring capability
• Keeping all project related documentation in compliance with Stantec systems, processes, and procedures.
• Anticipates challenges and project risks and recommends necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relates these internally to Commercial Team and, externally, to Client/Client Representatives.
• A discipline specific design team leader with a demonstrable career progression with an Electrical bias in the field of Building Services Engineering
• Excellent communicator, both oral and written, who can concisely and with sufficient detail direct supporting engineering staff.
• 12+ years of post-graduate experience
• Minimum of five (5) within the Middle East region, preferably the UAE
• Full understanding of standard industry software
• Experience of working with International Consultants
• Experience of working within a team of 10+
• Relevant discipline Engineering Degree, preferably from an industry recognized European or North American Education Institute
• Preferably Chartered Status (CEng/P.Eng), registered with an industry recognized body
• Membership to relating professional body in country of origin and local region – CIBSE, IEE, IET or other
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Electrical Project Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer
Combined Group Contracting Company (CGC)
RTC-1 Employment Services
Electrical Equipment Engineer - Power Systems