Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project of a large office building complex which will accommodate the client’s administration and operation employees. This project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
• In conjunction with the Project Management/Construction Supervision team, the Senior Electrical Engineer will lead and manage implementation of all site-based electrical inspectors.
• Provide active support and technical supervision of the site-based field audit (QAQC) and inspection functions.
• Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and properties.
• Establishing construction, manufacturing or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
• Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities.
• Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
• Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
• Supervising or training project team members.
• Estimating material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
• Maintaining electrical equipment.
• Develops Electrical and Electromechanical products by studying client requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; and soliciting observations from operators.
• Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; and confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
• Establish and maintain the flow of quality information and documentation among the Project Management Team, the contractors and other stakeholders as required.
• Participate actively in the Management Team and take a lead role in the following:
• Identification of project- electrical related issues that have the potential of adversely affecting the contractual commitments and the overall facility(s) operability.
• Ensuring Project programs and practices are reflective of all electrical on-site works.
• Participate actively in the documentation and reporting of contractual non-conformances and other related issues.
• Actively participate in site meetings and provide proactive ongoing support to the site management teams. Participate in Head Office support when required
• Ensure Administration Documents are carried out and filed via Inspectors with Document Controllers
If you have the following qualifications, we would love for you to be a part our diverse team:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
• Minimum of 15 years of work experience in similar projects.
• Chartership or other engineering accreditation is an advantage
• On site Electrical experience on mega projects.
• Reviewing and implementing programs P6/MS Project.
• Experience working with international consultant firms
• Previous Musanada experience and/or approval an advantage
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Abdullah A. AlMoosa Enterprises
Electrical Project Coordinator
Electrical Project Coordinator (Fixed/Floating Vessels)
Senior Electrical Engineer - Site Supervision
Electrical Design Engineer