Job description / Role
To manage and produce designs, specifications and documents for all design stages. Participates in design review, supervise the implementation, testing and commissioning of Airport Logistics Systems; inclusive of Baggage Handling System, Material Handling Systems (Cargo), Passenger Boarding Bridge & Aircraft stand equipment, Security Screening Equipment and other Electro-mechanical Systems (e.g. passenger conveyance systems/HVTS)
Line and Staff relations
The Senior/Lead Engineer ALS will report to the Head of Systems Practice and/or Production Director. for line management support and projects instructions.
In supervision stage, the Senior / Lead Engineer ALS will take directions from the appointed Resident Engineer, and will give direction to assigned Engineers ICT-SAS when assigned to projects.
- Escalate issues, keep informed, advise and receive instructions
- Work collaboratively to achieve the team's business and project outcomes
- Participate in meetings to develop work group perspectives and share information
- Understand issues and provide solutions in line with project scope definitions
- Coordinate with the Client and other Consultant engineers, including 3rd Party reviewers, at any stage of the project
- Lead the understanding of the requirements of a Client and/or project and specify the project design deliverables to be produced, all design stages.
- Prepare, attend and record Clients' meetings and presentations
- Prepare, attend and record design coordination meetings
- Lead the Design Review process to validate expected performances meet the project & contractual requirements.
- Guide the ALS design to ensure compliance to applicable regulations and technical standards while using , supporting and developing the methods and procedures provided by the organization in the execution of its business.
- Responsible and accountable for the on-time ALS scope delivery and quality of production of all design stages from Feasibility studies up to Tender Documents, assessments/surveys, design review, specifications and documents
- Contribute to and prepare project ALS budget estimates as well as for Value Engineering and Value Management.
- Supervise and review ALS production work and advise resources assigned to the project, Engineers and Draftmen, to validate the production meets the project and company expected performances and project contractual requirements.
- Responsible for correct and diligent use of the approved document submittal, review and control process for all documentation.
- Design and sizing of ALS solutions that adhere to applicable regulations and technical standards, using and supporting the methods and procedures provided by the organisation in the execution of its business.
- Provide to managers, Resident Engineers and Team leaders the required progress reports
- Own and expidite resolutions to technical issues between the designer and the stakeholders
- Contribute to the "Lessons Learned" process to improve business performance.
- Contribute to the future development of the business by suggestions for "Innovation"
- Assist with the preparation and production of commercial offers
- Lead the process of ALS contractors' submittals review to validate expected performance of the project & contractual requirements.
- Ensure use of the approved document submittal , review and control process for all documentation.
- Coordinate the ALS design and site works with other trades working on the project, such as but not limited to architectural, MEP and structural disciplines..etc..
- Supervise and assess contractors' design and construction progress and compliance with their contractual obligations.
- Attend project construction supervision coordination meetings.
- Attend client meetings and presentations as part of supervision team representing ADPi as required.
- Supervise inspectors and perform site inspections of works and witnessing of site testing and commissioning.
- Ensure all works are performed on time, to quality and cost requirements, minimising operational and project risks
- Responsible for ensuring meeting and review outcomes are followed-up and closed out efficiently.
- Ensure the handover of the project is done in compliance with the requirements of the contract.
- Supervise the quality of work at every stage of the project construction.
- Ensure correct application of the project change control process to manage variation to scope of works.
- Responsible for the induction, training and development of the team assigned to the project.
- Ensure site H&S and works procedures are inplace, understood and used by the ALS supervision team.
- Lead the use of the non-conformance reporting (NCR) to identify requirements and quality deficiencies.
- Verify the accuracy of the contractor's "As-Built" documents reflecting in detail the as-built conditions and approve the As-Built documents and others documents such but not limited to Maintenance documents.
- Ensure the hand-over of the ALS project and ensure it is done in compliance with the requirements of the contract .
- Senior Engineer ALS - 10 to 15 year experience in airports related industry
- Bachelor's degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is mandatory, at minimum
- Min 10 years of post graduate experience in airports industry, for ALS systems such as Baggage Handling Systems, Passenger Loading Bridges: working in design and/or construction.
- Knowledge of International standards and recommendations, including for relevant Airport operational and technical international standards.
- Knowledge of Revit, Naviswork, AutoCAD, MS Office and other discipline related software is mandatory
- Well verse in MS office Application (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Excellent professional written and spoken English
- Ability to author clear and precise technical documents
- Ability to manage relationships with external contractors and suppliers.
- Good technical analysis methodology and System Requirement Management.
- Attention to detail, understanding of dependencies in systems architecture and project execution.
- Good communication and Customer facing skills.
- Ability to plan and organize tasks and has flexibility towards work.
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Facilities Management
Opus Recruit Middle East
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Aug|
Electro Mechanical Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Building Construction / QS Engineer