Job description / Role
Job Purpose and Summary
The Senior Energy Engineer position will focus on the auditing, design, implementation and operation of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, as well as support with design, specification and the growth of technology and controls group, including annual maintenance contracts. This position is responsible for the development of complex projects of unlimited scope and size on large buildings and developments.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Perform on-site energy efficiency audits that are focused on mechanical system, control systems and lighting energy efficiency opportunities.
• Complete EEM energy calculations, savings projections and narrative descriptions. Recommend and analyze energy efficiency measures (EEM). Perform savings calculations and identify any risk associated with the projections, scenario projections, sensitivity analysis and lifecycle costing. Create concept and schematic design, calculations and drawing production
• Co-present audit/design findings to the client along with the engineering team.
• Utilize site measurements and information to help shape project scope and justify measurement selection, energy use calculations and M&V strategies.
• Plan, organize, and participate in performing preliminary and detailed project development audits of basic performance contracting projects
• Define project scope and perform project estimates. Ensure project estimates are accurate and the project scope is executable within the budget
• Prepare technical audit, energy, M&V and project performance reports
• Develop technical standards, protocols and requirements for innovative energy efficiency and demand side management programs in collaboration with Project Managers and Financial Managers.
• Develop and implement quality assurance procedures for energy and green building programs for current and future projects
• Research emerging technologies and standards for implementation into company practice and project implementation. Provide engineering information and advice to the team on specific issues. Collaborate, coach and mentor the team to improve knowledge and skills across the department.
• 8+ years’ experience in an energy or related engineering position with experience in working with energy efficiency construction projects in commercial and residential facilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or energy engineering field. CEM preferred.
• Strong knowledge base of energy efficiency methodology and building engineering and design.
• Strong written and oral communication skills for customer interaction and report writing.
About the Company
We are an energy engineering consulting firm that uses quality engineering, financing and management to optimize building energy use through efficiency to reduce costs, carbon impact and increase asset profitability and value.
Our comprehensive energy efficiency solutions reduce energy-related expenditures and we do this by deploying the latest technologies and engineering to deliver comprehensive energy solutions that improves energy and water efficiency, reduce carbon impact and saves money. Taka Solutions operates in the SMB sector and we are growing. We are ambitious and agile company with our core values being integrity, ambition and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Electrical Engineer - Data Center Experience
Transguard Workforce Solutions
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Resident Engineer - Substation
|Abu Dhabi||23 Sep|
Mechanical Engineer - AC / Chiller Units