Job description / Role
Senior Engineer - Civil
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco Middle East delivers IFM (Integrated Facilities Management) services, which includes HVAC and MEP works, to prominent educational facilities in the region such as the New York University Abu Dhabi, Zayed University, Paris Sorbonne University etc.
Serco is currently looking to hire a Senior Civil Engineering at the New York University Abu Dhabi. At NYUAD, Serco has a 250-strong team of professionals taking care of both hard and soft Facilities Management. The 350,000 m 2 campus is located on Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The key purpose of this role is to oversee the planning and scheduling of all resources required to deliver the Civil engineering services and grounds maintenance.
- Monitor and control expenses related to the civil engineering department to ensure budget control in accordance with allocated contract expense and company procedures.
- Ensure procurement activities relating to the civil engineering department and required specialist subcontractors are provided in accordance with Company Procedures and Procurement department procedures.
- Be responsible and report on the planning and scheduling of men / materials for all aspects of civil engineering requirements to ensure competent maintenance and reactive repair activity.
- Act as a liaison with contractors and clients managing any work interfaces and enhancements to project scope
- Review and evaluate technical submittals and shop drawings prior to submission to clients according to required project standards.
- Provide information and scope of works to assist the Management in preparation of Subcontract agreements. .
- Ensure that continual improvement safety and technical training is provided to all staff to enhance safety and quality of service delivery
- Ensure all areas of your responsibility are clean, tidy and all assets and building structure are in good repair and painted to promote the professionalism of the staff
- Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to provide the emergency power service to the client.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- 6 years' minimum experience in working as an civil engineer in a building services engineering department within a facilities management organization.
- 5 years minimum experience of supervising civil maintenance team.
- Technically competent with a clear knowledge and experience of building services system, life safety and buildings controls systems.
- Knowledge and experience of hard and soft scapes.
- Client, stakeholders and employee engagement will be an additional focus for the role
- Proficient and able to provide relevant supervisory and technical support
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of safety issues related to maintenance operations
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including word, excel and PowerPoint. Adaptable to use company systems as required to the operations.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Visio, MS Project an advantage
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.