Job description / Role
Whether you are working in our headquarters located in the iconic Aldar HQ building in Abu Dhabi, or one of our international offices you will be joining a firm that is constantly looking to push boundaries. We live and breathe the ethos that “impossible is just the beginning”.
As mentioned above, we are the firm that conceptualized the world’s most secure mobile phone and communications suite in under nine months so you wouldn’t expect a mundane working environment. We thrive on challenges and look to hire people with a genuine desire to contribute to our mission to “Protect the future by securing its technologies”.
Role and Responsibilities
• Handle incident management processes and communication in line with DarkMatter standards and procedures
• Track downtime and maintain a log of all incidents escalated to Tier-3 support
• Undertake configuration management work in accordance with the Change Management procedures
• Perform Quality Assurance reviewing proposed data changes, assess risk, provide mitigation and provide technical sign off
• Undertake break fix activities joining high profile bridges and investigating root cause (where appropriate develop mitigation plans, this will include working with Tier Engineering, System Integrators, and Vendors)
• Undertake scheduled preventive maintenance tasks; identify potential system performance and/or reliability issues and proactively design a roadmap to temporary outage prevention and to permanent issue resolution
• Provide hardware diagnostic and support assistance as requested by other groups, perform root cause analysis determining the cause of a problem and recommending and implementing solutions
• Ensure that all problems are resolved either in a timely manner or ensure that they are escalated to the appropriate management structure
• Provide operational support to deploy and Implementation teams ensuring seamless operational handover
• Ensure that all documentation is kept up to date and is accessible by the rest of the team and provide support and consultancy using appropriate diagnostic tools to all areas
• Manage large scale Linux server environments: handling Linux environment, including deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring and tuning, security hardening, trouble shooting and production operations
• Deal with daily operations of online services, including but not limited to firewall, DNS, web and databases.
• Install, maintain, automate and upgrade various software and manage the monitoring of various services and ensure availability of these resources
• Contribute to the evolving architecture of our Linux and storage services to meet changing requirements for scaling, reliability, performance, manageability, and price
• Maintain strong security of networks and take care of implementation of various host and network security policies and procedures
• Manage and maintain monitoring to ensure uptime and SLA levelsStrong background with automation and orchestration technologiesProvide tier-3 escalation support for Linux sysadmins and for mobile support teams
• Ability to troubleshoot Kernel-level problems and pinpoint issue origin
• A firm understanding of Linux internals and experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of large-scale virtual and physical UNIX/Linux based infrastructures
• Strong root cause analysis skills. Experienced in troubleshooting, log analysis, solution assessment and staged rollout
• Excellent knowledge of log management including Solarwinds, Splunk or equivalent log server technologies.
• Excellent knowledge of Apache, Ngnix, NoSQL, MySQL or equivalent database
• Excellent knowledge of Linux cloud-based solutions like AWS or similar and in-depth knowledge of auto scaling
• Excellent knowledge of mobile app development environments and portals, app version control, closed group testing, and large-scale deployment in a corporate environment
• Good programming skills and experience in scripting languages like Perl/Shell/Python
• Good knowledge of load balancing techniques, FTP, DNS
• Clear understanding of Data center management and various data storage technologies
• ITIL v3 or CoBIT 5 Certified
• RedHat Certified Engineer (or equivalent UNIX/UNIX-like operating system certification)
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Relationship Management
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Emotional intelligence
• Attention to details
• Problem solving
• Analytical thinking
• Accountability and responsibility
DarkMatter is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status or disability.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
System Integration Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||21 Jan|