Job description / Role
The Senior Systems Engineer works with the Etisalat One Cloud Operations team involved in the implementation, migration and maintenance of systems solutions in Etisalat One Cloud Services. He / she require previous experience designing, implementing and supporting mid-to-large systems solutions. He /she will routinely participate as a member in Etisalat One Cloud projects, and assist and contribute to establishment of policies, procedures and standards across the Etisalat Once Cloud operations. This position requires participation and contribution to various initiatives such as improvement of services offerings which includes Active Directory, messaging, collaboration, file services, virtualization, application migration etc.
• Design and implement Microsoft infrastructures for Etisalat cloud based solutions
• Works as part of a delivery and operations team to develop technology architectures for Microsoft infrastructure solutions (This includes technologies like Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, Hyper-V, Skype for Business, System Center etc.)
• Creates High Level Designs (HLD), Low Level Designs (LLD), Project Activities and other technical documents to support design and implementation
• Provides inputs to project plans (tasks, resources, and effort).
• Implement Microsoft Infrastructure solutions
• Develop and execute system test plans (unit, integration, and performance), and supports user acceptance tests
• Implementation, management and maintenance of various Microsoft products
• Implement and support Microsoft based private cloud infrastructure
• Support and management of a virtualized infrastructure systems
• Performance troubleshooting
• Disaster recovery / business continuity solutions
COMMUNICATIONS & COLLABORATION:
• Microsoft Exchange / Office 365 Hybrid email server topology and mail flow including gateways, RMS, encryption, virus scanning at the perimeter gateways and internal message stores, and spam filtering.
• Skype for Business, Enterprise Voice, IM, Conference Calling experience
• SharePoint support and configuration experience
• Experience with an enterprise class mobile device management solution
• Global Address book and synchronization with external sites
• Management of Microsoft Active Directory Services
• Domain trusts, Sites and Services, RODC, FSMO, WINS, DNS / DDNS, DHCP, TCP / IP
• Troubleshoot complex issues with heterogeneous directory services
Preferred - Design and Implementation
• Knowledge on System Center Operations Manager
• Knowledge on VMware Virtualization Solutions
• Experience in implementation of medium to complex projects in Microsoft Azure/ AWS
• Formal Education: B.S / B. Tech in Computer Science / Information Technology (or equivalent)
• Relevant IT Experience: 8+ years
• Storage Implementation: 6+ years
• Storage Engineering/Operations: 6+ years
• Microsoft MCSE
• ITILv3 Foundations or above
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.