Job description / Role
The jobholder is responsible to support the implementation of a Process Safety (PS) Management System which is a key element of Asset Integrity management. Provide a PS governance system and technical support to the Borouge Operations Functions. Applicable to Borouge assets and also to future plant expansion projects.
Advise on the Process Safety aspects, tools, policies, procedures and practices in the company to eliminate any unsafe act or hazardous impact on the industrial activities in the organization, and to meet ADNOC' CoP, local and international legislatives.
Asset Integrity Management System (AIMS) is management system to ensure integrity throughout the asset life cycle. Essentially, it is a blend of engineering, management and operational skills focused on preventing catastrophic accidents, particularly explosions, fires, and toxic releases, associated with the use and production of chemicals and petroleum products
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Conduct gap analyses and develop a gap closure plan for managing PS risk.
- Support the development of an Asset Integrity Process Safety(AI-PS) Manual describing how to manage process safety risks as part of the HSE Controls Framework
- Borouge Process Safety team shall identify all significant Process Safety risks in accordance with the Company Risk Management procedure and shall document and support the management of these in accordance with the HSE Management System (including the principle of reducing risks to As Low as Reasonably Practicable).
- Implement Process Safety basic requirements which are those elements of design, construction or operation which are so important to safe operation that (in addition to their full application in design of new facilities) they are required to be introduced into all existing Borouge facilities within the shortest practical time-frame.
- Document Hazards and Effects Management Processes required for each asset shall specifically address AI-PS.
- The Process Safety team shall ensure the approval of all deviations from performance criteria for all identified hardware barriers critical to AI-PS by implementing a review and approval procedure which shall be an integral part of the MOC process in Borouge.
- Develop and implement a tracking system to record deviations from the specified Process Safety hardware barriers' performance standards.
- Develop and implement a balanced scorecard (lagging and leading indicators) to monitor the Process Safety compliance performance of all Borouge assets.
- Participate in an audit program to regularly verify compliance of all assets with Process Safety standards.
- Implement a system of hazard identification, in conjunction with, the Borouge Operations functions which identifies hazard scenarios involving failures of equipment during abnormal plant operation such as start-up, shut down, alternate product stream operation, re-establishing operation after a process trip. Also the inherent hazards associated with product chemicals.
Borouge Corporate Responsibilities
- To keep abreast and knowledgeable about his / her role contribution towards the areas of Health, Safety & Environment (HSE), Sustainability, Energy Management, Ethics & Regulations, and Quality Management and its respective policies, frameworks, procedures, and objectives.
- Comply, support and enrich the culture and understanding of it through his / her communications with the internal and external contacts
- Participate and contribute in the design, development and establishment of an Integrated Risk Management Framework within the Unit while identifying and assessing relevant domain risks and implement measures to manage and mitigate all identified risks within the function.
- Ensure corporate business ethics and Company's Code of Conduct are communicated to employees within the function in compliance to the Corporate Policies and guidelines.
- Keep abreast and knowledgeable on the updates for Health, Safety, Environment, Crisis Management, and Risk Registers for all the performed processes, projects and activities within the operating zone.
- Promote, communicate and lead by example all the safety-related communications, updates, standards and any related topics with co-workers and within any interface.
- Contribute to provide with timely feedback and recommendations to leverage a risk-free environment to ensure the ultimate goals of safe workplace.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned processes / area to meet functional objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the section / department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver the respective objectives.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the section / department in line with the company's performance framework, and KPIs
- Analyze and address any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control
- Review, prepare, and recommend the required reports on work activities, projects, processes, etc. to next level manager in line with business requirements.
Processes & Systems
- Implement approved the respective policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs.
- Perform analysis on the respective processes and activities to ensure timely availability of the data analysis within the respective area.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide with feedback on updating and implementation of new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
- Adhere to professional business relations and commercial responsibilities in the areas of customer delight, data confidentiality, business communications and representation, and Borouge's corporate image
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge in Asset Integrity and Process Safety' Management Systems, relevant international codes, standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of Technical Safety fundamentals.
- Knowledge of hazard identification and risk assessment tools and its application.
- Knowledge in risk management
- Knowledge in Process Safety incident investigation methodology and tools
- Master of Science in Chemical Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Minimum 15 years of relevant & practical experience
- Recognized expert within the own area of expertise
- Good knowledge of relevant international standards & project management tools
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, analytical, team- & networking skills
- Fluent in English, both written & oral
- Thorough experience with MS Office, SAP & project related software
- International & multicultural oriented
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 6 - 8 years of experience in site operations.
- Minimum of 3 - 6 years of experience in process design or Technical Safety positions.
- Experience in Risk Assessment Studies; i.e. TRA, HAZID, HAZOPS, PSSR, etc.
- Hands-on Management Systems, Safety Design, Aspect & Impact Studies, and Project Management.
- Functional Safety Professional
- NEBOSH Process Safety Management
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Dispersion and Consequences Modelling
- NEBOSH International General Certificate
- HAZOP Team Leader
About the Company
We are one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for Abu Dhabi’s growth and diversification.
We operate across the entire hydrocarbon value chain, through a network of fully-integrated businesses, with interests that range from exploration, production, storage, refining and distribution, to the development of a wide-range of petrochemical products.
Since 1971, we have created thousands of jobs, driven the growth of a diverse knowledge-based economy, and played a key role in Abu Dhabi’s global emergence.
Today, we continue to look for new and innovative ways to maximize the value of our resources, pioneering those approaches and technologies that will ensure we are able to meet the demands of an ever-changing energy market, and continue to have a positive impact on the Abu Dhabi economy for generations to come.