Job description / Role
Lead all project quality assurance and control activities pertaining to the successful delivery of the HQ managed Downstream strategic projects portfolio consisting of multiple projects at any point in time and will include both national and international projects executed in co-operation with Joint Venture partners.
Report to the ADNOC VP- Project Services on the status of QA/QC initiatives for all projects ongoing within the Strategic Project delivery program.
Integrate all Project Quality Assurance & Quality Control disciplines into feasibility study activities, early design, PRE-FEED, FEDD, EPC tender and selection etc. on projects. Ensure the application of best-in-class tools in line with ADNOC standards across all projects and techniques while finding and adopting the right QA/QC solutions required to enhance the feasibility of projects as well as their return on investment.
Project Quality Assurance & Control
- Lead the Project Quality Assurance & Control activities within the Strategic Project Function (SPF) projects and provide direction and advice related to Project QA/QC matter on all projects in the DS project funnel managed by the SPF, both nationally and internationally.
- Support implementation of Operational Plans on the development of individual ongoing projects. Ensure the integration of all technical and HSSE disciplines throughout initial feasibility, PRE- FEED and FEED as well as in the EPC tender.
- Lead project teams together with the other SPF disciplines, contractors, and partner staff to deliver optimal technical solutions on a wide range of petrochemical investment projects.
- Ensure that project QA/QC plans and schedules are achievable and consistent in their approach across the project portfolio and aim to deliver maximum value to ADNOC.
- Collaborate and ensure that all Project Engineering Teams are working in alignment with ADNOC Operations and with external stakeholders. Focus on achieving the best possible project outcome for ADNOC and the highest possible likelihood of project implementation at FID.
- Ensure that project teams identify, understand, manage, and mitigate all project and business risks.
- Co-operate with the SBD function in DM&T on individual project opportunities for selection and development of new projects in order to implement the best technical and structuring options.
- Support techno-economic feasibility studies, including PRE-FEED and FEED studies of new projects to deliver growth and economic value from DM&T projects.
- Participate to the regular project meetings, provide an overview on progress, risks, trajectory, etc. and addressing specific questions for the projects.
- Recommend improvements in internal QA/QC processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with approved standards and define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the SPF.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Section / Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Project policies, processes, systems, standards, and procedures in order to support execution of the division's work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Regular work-related contact with the Vice President, Project Services and with team members on matters related to Project QA/QC activities.
- Regular contact with other divisions in the DM&T Directorate as required.
- Regular contact with other ADNOC Directorates as required.
- Regular Contacts with management and project teams of overseas and national investors, customers, suppliers and joint venture partners in discussions, negotiations and at Board meetings.
- Regular contacts with ADNOC and Abu Dhabi subsidiaries/ventures and partners etc. and with technical contractors, project and business consultants and outsourcing service providers.
- Regular contact with consultants/suppliers on matters related to acquisition of services.
- Occasional contact with Government organisations and entities such as Abu Dhabi Executive Council, Ministry of Energy, Department of Economic Development, Abu Dhabi Investment Authorities and Gulf Cooperation Council, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Science or relevant disciplines with supporting experience. Master's degree is preferred.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 10 years' relevant experience in NOC's/IOC's, including at least 4 years in a progressive project quality managerial / leadership position.
- Major Project Engineering Experience is essential (PRE-FEED, FEED &EPC)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of project quality management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Quality Management System development and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Value Assurance Process (VAP)
- Conversant with International Codes and Standards & ADNOC Specification.
- Experience in Electronic Document Management System.
- ISO - Quality Management System,
- Welding, NDE, Coating & Plant inspection if preferable.
- Technical knowledge and skills in Material, Welding. DE, NDE, Piping, Pipeline & Equipment inspection, and testing.
- Minimal - regular walking, standing and keyboard use, as required.
- Frequent business travels within Abu Dhabi and overseas and occasional site visits as and when needed
- Mostly air-conditioned environment.
- Exposed to prevailing environmental conditions during plant visit; may be required to use protective safety clothing or gear while visiting plants
About the Company
We are one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for Abu Dhabi’s growth and diversification.
We operate across the entire hydrocarbon value chain, through a network of fully-integrated businesses, with interests that range from exploration, production, storage, refining and distribution, to the development of a wide-range of petrochemical products.
Since 1971, we have created thousands of jobs, driven the growth of a diverse knowledge-based economy, and played a key role in Abu Dhabi’s global emergence.
Today, we continue to look for new and innovative ways to maximize the value of our resources, pioneering those approaches and technologies that will ensure we are able to meet the demands of an ever-changing energy market, and continue to have a positive impact on the Abu Dhabi economy for generations to come.