Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Oversee the planning and scheduling of all resources required to deliver the engineering services (Electrical, ELV, General Trades, HVAC or Mechanical).
Include parts, labour and the input of the specialist service delivery partners to ensure that all works are completed in a timely manner with no disruption to the Clients services.
Provide technical and engineering expertise in all functionality of the systems, leading and guiding teams in carrying out the operation and maintenance within the facilities.
- Reporting to the Department Manager and assisting with managing the Engineers, Team Leaders & Technicians to meet contract expectations of performance and achieve the maximum operational efficiency and cost-effective operation of the site.
- Monitor and control expenses related to the electrical engineering department to ensure budget control in accordance with allocated contract expense and company procedures.
- Ensure procurement activities relating to the electrical engineering department and required specialist subcontractors are provided in accordance with Company Procedures and Procurement department procedures.
- Ensure all personnel undertake department briefings and induction activities to ensure all safety aspects of all works are understood by all personnel working on site to ensure safety standards and procedures are implemented and followed in accordance with contract requirements and Company guidelines.
- Where required, they will also act as the Approved / Authorised Person for conducting Risk Assessment and signing off Method Statements and Permits to Work.
- Ensure that QA is undertaken with reporting interaction with other departments of the Company to ensure QA/QC compliance is met.
- Be responsible and report on the planning and scheduling of men / materials for all aspects of electrical engineering requirements to ensure competent maintenance and reactive repair activity.
- Act as a liaison with contractors and clients managing any work interfaces and enhancements to project scope
- Review and evaluate technical submittals and shop drawings prior to submission to clients according to required project standards.
- Provide information and scope of works to assist the Management in preparation of Subcontract agreements.
- Assist in the recruitment, assessment and trade testing of capable technicians for the department.
- Manage the department to ensure that Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators and customer satisfaction is met in line with contract requirements.
- Identify and scope additional works, technical upgrades and innovative improvements, to enhance the operational efficiency, contract deliverables, safety and customer satisfaction to improve the Company`s revenue and reputation
- Ensure that continual improvement safety and technical training is provided to all staff to enhance safety and quality of service delivery
- Ensure all areas of your responsibility are clean, tidy and all assets and building structure are in good repair and painted to promote the professionalism of the staff
- Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to provide the emergency power service to the client.
- Participate in the Health, Safety & Risk programs including risk assessment of planned and reactive maintenance work activities.
- Provide effective verbal, written and electronic communication with the management, client, peers, subcontractors and project subcontractors as required.
- Ensure good HSQE and Information security culture is promoted within the department and among peers.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the line manager or member of the senior management team.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Technically competent with a clear knowledge and experience of building services system, life safety and buildings controls systems.
- Experience of managing Facilities Management Services in a large Commercial/ Educational contracts in UAE
- Mechanical Engineering background with hands-on experience in HVAC and associated systems
- Highly motivated and flexible to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies
- Team management experience
- A high competency in English language skills, excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent Reporting Skills (Expert in MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills
- Quick on action and response times, ability to be flexible and manage priorities
- Must hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 6 years' minimum experience in working as an engineer in a building services engineering department within a facilities management organization.
- At least 3 years experience of supervising multi-skilled maintenance team.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.