Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part:
In this role, you will be responsible to promote a positive guest experience by performing in an Entertainment Produced show or Meet & Greet as a costumed character or escort. Practices the service expectations linked to the DPR service model.
- Responsible to follow directed performance guidelines and techniques established by Entertainment.
- Responsible for motivating and entertaining guests as directed by Entertainment Management.
- Work closely with show director for show and choreography creation.
- Performance Captain and performer training duties.
- Events support.
- Accountable for following costume care guidelines in order to maintain the integrity of the performance and provides communication to management regarding costume issues or concerns.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established DPR policy, procedures, training, and team member involvement activities.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment.
- Interface with DPR internal and external clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Completed High School or higher or equivalent preferred.
- 3 - 5 years Experience with a professional theme park/theatre industry; cruise line preferred; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Performing capabilities as a dancer, character, and /or character escort
- University Degree or Professionally Trained
- Professionally trained in acting, singing, dancing, and/or characters
- Professionally trained dancer
- Multiple years of experience on a cruise ship show or land-based theatre- professional or theme park.
The Best Part of The Story:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014