Job description / Role
Our client is a leading main contractor who specialise in small/medium sized building projects across the UAE.
Open for discussion depending on candidate
To lead estimates for building, civil works and facilities management in accordance with Company estimating systems and procedures, working with other members of the business unit to develop customer solutions and secure sufficient work by value and type to meet the Company's objectives.
• Undertake competitive estimates in accordance with Company procedures to secure profitable business for the Company.
• Review tender documentation and identify the key elements of the proposal in accordance with Company policies, procedures, and commercial best practice.
• Identify opportunity and risk during tender process
• Liaise with the business unit, Technical Manager and Planner to agree methodology principles
• Finalisation of the Tender and to fine tune all the detailed calculation as projected in the Tender Documentation.
• Coordinate with Commercial Manager/BD Manager for conclusion of the tender.
• The above is to be thoroughly reviewed with Commercial Manager/CEO prior to a proposal being submitted.
• To submit authorized technical and commercial proposals to clients including the applicable list of deviations in the client' required format.
• To maintain up-to-date commercial knowledge of the local market including, tender results and competitor price levels.
• Maintain register of key assumptions within estimate
• Maintain tender estimate file
• Provide indicative pricing support for business development
• Obtain feedback from site teams on estimating adequacy and current costs.
• Present estimates at adjudication:
The successful candidate is likely to meet all the following criteria:
• Essential Degree qualified as mentioned above.
• Civil engineering works experience, including Facilities Management
• Experience 7 years minimum
• Proven track record of working on tenders independently
• Knowledge of a wide range of contract conditions
• Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software
• Ability to solve problems efficiently
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Costing Engineer / Cost Estimator
Manpower Middle East
Ignite Search & Selection
A Leading Interior, FItout And Design Company
Engineering Unit General Contracting (EUGC)
|Abu Dhabi||22 Oct|
Quantity Surveyor - Civil Construction
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||12 Dec|