Job description / Role
Are you an expert in Commercial Finance with an experience as Partner? And are you coming from a luxury or fashion industry?
The job holder of this position is responsible for leading the Finance function of a defined Business Unit, analyzing risks and guiding the business, to assist in measurement, planning and forecasting of activities and implications on income statement and balance sheet. The job holder of this position will also be responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing financial planning, budget and control for the business unit.
- Develop trustworthy relationship with the Business Units to drive financial management and processes
- Support operations in preparing P&L projection, analysis of financial viability of new investments and budget follow-up
- Organize internal and external reporting; make constructive proposals and act as an internal consultancy to Managing Director, Business units' Managers and Group Finance Manager to monitor the business
- Evaluate business proposals with complete analysis of economic impact on business
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making decisions
- Assist in developing Financial Strategic Planning such as the 3-Y Plan
- Review purchase cycle and analyze the Cash Flow and stock position on regular basis to provide corrective actions if necessary
- Prepare variance analysis and recommendations on monthly financial figures from business units compared to budget and last year and issue reports as required by the management
- Follow up and control the capital expenditure budgets allocated to the business unit
- Monitor the cost structure of the companies' business units and prepare business profitability analysis
- Arrange, observe and control the P&L, balance sheet and recommend action
- Provide Internal Control and ensure compliance with all Group Policies and Procedures
- Prepare and monitor the performance of internal rate of return (IRR) studies for proposed outlets and new products
- Prepare the Monthly Tableau de Bord (TDB)
- Revise the budgets and close follow up on: collections, payables, stock, sales and net margin. challenge assumption and propose revisions
- Drive month end closing by analyzing trial balances, researching general ledger activity and variances to budget and prior year
- Develop and improve processes related to expenditure, appropriate financial methods to better evaluate and measure performance
- Provide analytical support as required to various cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects (e.g. preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and P&L)
- Instigate and participate in all process improvement initiatives related to the Business Unit
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
- 7 years of experience in Commercial Finance or Finance Business Partner
- Background in Retail, Luxury or Fashion
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.