Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
As Senior Finance Business Partner you will be responsible for leading the Finance function of our People & Culture division, analyzing risks and guiding the business, to assist in measurement, planning and forecasting of activities and implications on income statement and balance sheet.
The job holder of this position will also be responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing financial planning, budget and control for the business unit.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Develop trustworthy relationship with the Business Units to drive financial management and processes
• Support operations in preparing P&L projection, analysis of financial viability of new investments and budget follow-up
• Organize internal and external reporting; make constructive proposals and act as an internal consultancy to business leaders and Group Finance Manager to monitor the business
• Evaluate business proposals with complete analysis of economic impact on business
• Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making decisions
• Assist in developing Financial Strategic Planning
• Prepare variance analysis and recommendations on monthly financial figures from business units compared to budget and last year and issue reports as required by the management
• Follow up and control the capital expenditure budgets allocated to the business unit Monitor the cost structure of the companies’ business units and prepare business profitability analysis
• Arrange, observe and control the P&L, balance sheet and recommend action
• Provide Internal Control and ensure compliance with all Group Policies and Procedures
• Prepare and monitor the performance of internal rate of return (IRR) studies for proposed outlets and new products
• Develop and improve processes related to expenditure, appropriate financial methods to better evaluate and measure performance
• Provide analytical support as required to various cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects (e.g. preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and P&L)
• Instigate and participate in all process improvement initiatives related to the Business Unit Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
What you'll need to succeed
• Hold a recognised accountancy/finance certification (such as CFA, CPA, CIMA, ACCA) or a Masters degree in Finance/Accounting
• Strong Finance Business Partnering experience within a corporate function/large organisation
• Strong technical accounting knowledge
• Collaborative, consultative approach - able to guide and advise business leaders on all financial aspects of their business unit
• Able to offer expert financial advice to non-finance audiences
• Experience in the UAE is highly advantageous
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.