Job description / Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Dubai's most prestigious higher education institutions. The purpose of the role is to provide support to the existing, and future, finance team with a wide range of finance/project related activities, many of which are yet to be defined.
My client is one of Dubai's premier academic institutions, and it's finance team is one of their key services, supporting the delivery of its mission, strategic priorities and business objectives. On a day-to-day basis, it does this by delivering a range of financial services, including:
* Routine financial transactional processing in payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
* Effective management of the organisation's financial resources
* Sound management accounting, including ensuring the availability of accurate and timely financial management reporting
* Effective operation of the Oracle financial system and
* Effective and timely delivery of statutory financial reporting.
In addition, the Finance department also supports the delivery of the organisation's strategic plan through effective financial planning; including capital investment planning, project appraisal and identification of sustainable funding streams.
The responsibilities of the Senior Finance Manager will include, but not be limited to;
* Develop processes and procedures as part of the introduction of a new finance front office structure (cashiers / accounts receivable / credit control), taking managerial responsibility for these functions once established.
* Support the development of processes and procedures between a new outsourced finance back office function and internal teams and departments in overseas campuses.
* Support the project team responsible for developing and implementing a new cloud-based ERP system (covering Finance, Planning, HR processes) for the group.
* Reconciling financial information from different data sets / systems.
* Working alongside external VAT advisors to support process improvements in this area.
* Providing financial / analytical support to a project relating to the new business model being developed for the University on an as needs basis.
* All of the above will require liaising with key personnel in Dubai and also at overseas campuses.
In return, my client can offer a 12 month fixed term contract, which may be subject to extension, and a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
The successful candidate will be;
* A qualified accountant with a suitable background in leading / supporting business change projects, particularly with financial support services and with experience of leading in technical accounting matters (accounting policies, financial controls, technical compliance, VAT etc).
* Strong organisational ability; proven experience of completing tasks to high levels of accuracy and timeliness, with attention to detail and a methodical approach.
* Positive and proactive attitude to what will often be a demanding workload.
* Proven ability to manage own workload and to work flexibly in response to changing demands and priorities; able to cope under pressure.
* Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; the ability to converse with a diverse range of people at all levels.
* Computer literate; extensive experience of accounting software and Microsoft packages.
It would also be highly desirable if the candidate has previous experience of working in Higher Education.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Regional Finance Controller
|Abu Dhabi||16 Mar|
Senior Finance Accountant - Construction Company
|Abu Dhabi||24 Mar|
Group Financial Controller
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)