Job description / Role
G4S is looking for an experienced Senior Finance Manager. Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company and will bring its contribution to build a successful Finance Team under his leadership. He / she will be accountable for the accounting operations including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
Accountabilities include (but not limited to) the following:
• Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Manage outsourced functions
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
• Oversee the accounting operations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
• Participate and oversee the Cash Flow planning cycle.
• Lead external and internal audit
• Preparation of statutory accounts for various entities
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Ensure a strong internal control environment is in place at all times.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
• CPA, CA required
• 10+ years’ experience as a certified public accountant or chartered accountant
• Big 4 experience will be an advantage
• 10+ years’ experience in an accounting/audit leadership role
• Exceptional leadership abilities
• Strong accounting and financial analysis skills required
• External and internal audit sound expert
About the Company
G4S UAE is the largest and fastest growing total security solutions provider. This rapidly growing list of products and services, along with the company's global backing, means that we are uniquely placed to provide quality security solutions throughout the United Arab Emirates.
G4S was the first security company in the UAE to start the detailed work to apply for, and achieve, accreditation to ISO 9001:2008. This involved the identification of all key processes and their documentation to form part of the Quality Manual and the Company was awarded the certificate early March 2003. Our Quality Management System is based on functional responsibilities and objectives being clearly defined to support the fundamental management principal that it is the responsibility of every individual in the organisation to deliver quality service to our customers. We are committed to maintaining the Quality Management System. The key strategic objective is to achieve continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of our business process.