Job description / Role
• Manages treasury function, implementation of cash management solutions and monitor the treasury function for the company
• Developed & maintain banking relationships with existing & new local and international banks
• Undertaking internal audits and test policies and processes. Evaluating financial statements and assessing accounts for accuracy and compliance.
• Working with external auditors and assessing risk management approaches.
• Manage & control all accounting operations
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow
• Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy and provide guidance and analysis to executive and operational management to improve results.
• Maintain system of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets.
• Maintain control of the following areas: general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, billing, and payroll.
• Assist in the management reports, compliance, and reconciliation.
• Prepare a variety of ad hoc financial scenarios as requested.
• Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
• Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
• Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate), and act as backup for processing all of the following transactions: payroll, accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, cash, bank reconciliations, and allocations.
• Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and updating schedules.
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
• Assist in issuing timely, accurate, and complete financial statements for all levels, including Board of Directors, executive, and management.
• Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the corporate annual report.
• Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organizational performance.
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
• Assist in production of cash flow reports, annual budget, and forecasts.
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
• Provide for a system of management cost reports.
• Provide financial analyses and models as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
• Prepare and assist with developing audit schedules for the annual audit.
• Suggest improvements in processes to increase organizational effectiveness.
AED 25,000 to 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Annual family air tickets & Family medical insurance
• Must have an eye for control related details.
• Formulate process corrections, identify gaps and implement change management
• Must have worked with teams, have good interpersonal skills and good experience of handling people
• Proactive, hands-on manager who will own, in partnership with the CFO, responsibility for the Finance Department.
• Strategic thinker who possesses solid business acumen and is able to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
• Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization
About the Company
Choithrams are the face of a large and successful network of companies, T.Choithram and Sons.
T. Choithram and Sons was established in 1944 in Sierra Leone, West Africa. Since then, it has developed into an international company spanning Europe, North America, Africa as well as the Gulf. The company is a private business that also funds and manages a group of schools and hospitals in India and West Africa.
It was in the 1970s that Choithrams came to the Emirates and since then the supermarkets have found locations throughout the Gulf, namely Oman, Bahrain and Qatar. The company brought with it international expertise, networks and connections built over 75 years in 25 countries.
Since then there has been no looking back and Choithrams today is a trusted name and a significant contributor to the fast paced economic and social growth of the Gulf region.