Job description / Role
The Senior Financial Accountant/Analyst will be responsible for supervising and managing the day to day activities of the Finance Team whilst taking ownership for Management and Financial Accounting and Reporting, Financial Systems and Controls and leading the internal and external audit arrangements.
Leading Abu Dhabi based media company
* Manage and supervise a Finance Team of four, working closely with the AP/AR Supervisor to ensure the accounts payable and receivable functions are running smoothly and all related deliverables are met.
* Set team objectives and work closely with them to ensure their objectives are met by year end.
* To oversee and continually improve end to end finance systems and processes including bureaux processes & procedures and banking related processes.
* Review other business systems and advise on changes to work flows to ensure more adequate controls are in place.
* Review the monthly financial accounts pack and provide detailed commentary at the end of each month on variances and movements against budget/forecast and prior months and years.
* Management Accounting responsibilities including the provision of detailed annual budgets and five year plans and the preparation of quarterly P&L forecast, quarterly cash flow forecast and cash management.
* Review and maintain the monthly balance sheet accounts and ensure balances are in line with adequate accounting policies, highlighting any issues and discrepancies to the Finance Manager.
* Review and approve monthly payroll, billing, bank recs, weekly payment runs and month end journals as prepared by the team highlighting any issues and discrepancies to the Finance Manager.
* Prepare key monthly reports as requested by the Finance Manager (example detailed revenue and coverage related reports, KPI reports etc..).
* Provision of timely, relevant and accurate information to senior management within finance and wider teams to facilitate decisions and control.
* Audit lead preparation, and compliance for the external audit in addition to ensuring internal audit compliance.
* Review contract and supplier agreements before contracts are finalized by legal department.
* Ensure Capex items are accounted for correctly and Capex expenditure is in line with budget.
* Main point of contact for any SAP related issues.
* Work closely with the business for financial planning to ensure spend within budget and support commercial decision making.
* Competitive package, great work culture.
* Minimum 7 years' experience in this field with at least 3 years' experience in leading and supervising a small finance team.
* Qualified accountant holding a professional qualification from a recognized accounting body (ACCA, CA, CIMA).
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Organized, efficient and pro-active.
* Results driven and self-motivated.
* Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines with flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
* PC skills - Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced excel skills.
* Excellent written and spoken English.
* Previous SAP ERP working knowledge with ERP implementation experience is highly desirable.
* Arabic speaking candidates with media sector experience will be given preference.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.