Job description / Role
• Perform a variety of financial activities such as developing financial models, preparing cost projections, assisting with financial planning, performing research and analysis, preparing reports, and assisting with the month-end close process.
• Perform extensive financial analysis, market research and legal due diligence on acquisition/brown field or green field projects.
• Deep dive into business trends, company resources and investment opportunities to guide the company toward smart financial decisions.
• Develop tools to enable effective cash flow and capex management.
• Translate analysis into presentation suitable for senior stakeholders (CFO, CEO, Board of Directors and Principals) and ensure accuracy of contents.
• Analyse all lines of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow to explain variances to Budgets.
• Obtain agreement on expenditures with budget holders and provide regular financial reports as required.
• Ensure high quality, real time availability of data and analytics to support delivery of the business strategy.
• Use financial management information, especially benchmarking tools, to identify areas of relative spend and advise accordingly. Suggest ways of effecting budget efficiency.
• Seek, identify, and implement the best practices throughout the company that will enhance revenues, customer service, and improve cost and productivity efficiencies.
• Manage all financial risks, key risk and performance indicators and exposure to the company
• Provide all information as required by the internal and external auditors and implement any recommendations
• Ad hoc reporting and miscellaneous tasks as required by the Commercial Finance Manager, Head of Finance or CFO.
• Education: Degree or equivalent professional accounting qualification (e.g., CA, CFA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA), higher level education in finance, business, or commercial discipline.
• Experience of strategic scenario planning and knowledge of the mergers and acquisition process is required.
• Experience of the international education sector is desirable but not essential.
• Experience working in UAE (Desirable not essential).
• Able to translate strategy into operational action plans.
• Very strong analytical, mathematical, communication and writing skills.
• Software skills: advance excel skills (V lookup, Index, Macros, Pivot table, sensitivity analysis) and PPT.
• Capital budgeting (NPV, IRR, DCF), cashflow statements and KPI Reporting.
• Ability to discuss and influence effectively at all levels.
• Excellent collaborative skills and able to quickly establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to coach / mentor colleagues to upgrade performance.
• Corporate finance acumen to enhance balance sheet, P&L management.
• Highly numerate.
• Flexible and able to manage tight deadlines.
• Positive and hands-on attitude (Strong interpersonal skills).
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.