Job description / Role
- Preparing and following up on all University College's financial transactions, and ensuring their execution on the financial system.
- Coordinating and communicating with other Departments and reviewing all financial requests and submit them to the line manager and before they are approved.
- Auditing the financial operations received by the College.
- Preparing the College's budget and submitting it for approval.
- Monitoring the College's budget periodically and making necessary transfers.
- Preparing and following up the College's purchasing plan.
- Carrying out and following up on all purchases and financial services of the College.
- Coordinating procedures for creating purchase requisition, purchase orders, contracts and procurement documents.
- Creating contracts, purchase orders and financial reservations.
- Implementing all financial requirements related to the petty cash, travel tickets, compensation and special supplier invoices.
- Performing any other work related to the nature of work upon assignment.
- Bachelor in Finance or a related field
- 3 years of experience as finance officer in an academic environment
- MS in Finance or a related field
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and programs
- Knowledge of computer use and its financial applications
- Knowledge of preparing and writing financial reports and presenting them to admin
- Skills of dealing with arithmetic numbers
- Work skills under pressure
- Skills to avoid accounting errors
- Adherence to approved financial regulations
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.