Job description / Role
Job Title: Senior Fire Safety Engineer
Industry: Government Sector
Job Location: Sharjah, UAE
Management of project and refurbishment works
- Review and evaluate tender documents, specifications, drawings, bill of quantity, condition of contract.
- Negotiate purchase orders and contract agreements with suppliers / subcontractors including costs, method of delivery and installation.
- Attend regular meetings with project site management ensuring progress of work at site meets the project’s requirement and provide appropriate technical support.
- Perform regular site visits and monitor work progress at sites ensuring installations of firefighting/Fire Alarm related systems are in line with drawings, required specifications and standards. Sign off projects on behalf of the company.
- Coordinate with government/ regulatory authorities. Ensure all relevant project related documents permits, certificates etc are obtained as per project plan.
Management of completed projects
- Ensure health of fire detection and suppression systems with free zone.
- Monitor operations of all registered fire contractors with free zone.
- Conduct tendering and evaluation of bids. Manage maintenance / upkeeping of all free zone assets.
- Ensure services are rendered as per contractual terms and conditions.
- Ensure all systems are performing in accordance with international standards / regulatory authority guidelines.
- Coordinate with local / federal authority on behalf of company. Ensure approvals / certificates are obtained in accordance with project timelines.
- Monitor day to day activities. Conduct regular evaluations of all activities undertaken by the fire sections
- Ensure all activities are in line with company guidelines.
- Provide necessary support and guidance to investors on matter related to fire safety and compliance.
- Attending to management meetings as required, find meaningful remedial/corrective actions when responding to investor complaints this includes visiting and discussing with the end user of his/her dissatisfaction/comments.
- Escalate matters beyond the operational responsibility to facility manager/ Senior Manager as appropriate.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders, ensure smooth and timely completion of all works.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferably in mechanical or Electrical /NEBOSH International Diploma in OSH or NVQ Level
- 7+ years of experience in Fire Systems Engineering, with contractors, consultancies, or specialist Fire Engineering companies
- Sound Understanding of UAE HSE Legislative requirements.
- Possess good knowledge about fire system maintenance and project management
- Should have good working knowledge of common computer applications, AutoCAD
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem – solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- Should possess valid UAE driving License.
About the Company
Smyth and Bradshaw offers a unique and innovative approach to the search process.
With an unwavering passion for people and commitment to unparalleled service, Smyth and Bradshaw has successfully been matching people to jobs for the past 20 years.
In 2014 Smyth and Bradshaw arrived to Dubai with the goal of serving as an intermediary between clients and candidates to help both parties better meet their needs.
Health and Safety Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Al Baddad Capital
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Design / Construction
|Abu Dhabi||29 Nov|
SSHE Assistant Manager