Job description / Role
Please note that this application is in order to be part of the date base of Air Arabia. Currently we are not actively seeking for this position, but we are creating a base of talent for future opportunities.
• Performing operational pre-flight/departure preparation in accordance with the following :
• UAE and foreign government rules and regulations, including applicable ICAO procedures.
• Developing, reviewing, authorizing, issuing and revising all operational flight plans, for scheduled, non-scheduled, training and test flight operations, in keeping with safety, regulatory compliance, customer service and corporate requirements;
• Analysing operational conditions, identifying limitations on operational capabilities, such as, but not limited to, weather, Notams, Nav facilities, Air Traffic Control, Air Traffic Flow, aircraft performance and MEL requirements;
• Analysing operational and meteorological conditions to determine the most efficient and safe minimum fuel requirement in support of both regulatory and corporate requirements;
• Transmitting to Air Traffic Control directly or through an Air Arabia approved handling agent in the country of operation, all ICAO Flight Plan requirements.
• In the absence of the Operations Controller, initiate the Emergency Response Accident / Incident Notification Procedure, and assess and issue Flight Incident Category Reports, including the corporate notification process.
• During irregular operations, coordinate with the Pilot-in-command and in consultation with the Flight Operations Manager / Operations Controller, implementing flight delays when conditions warrant, recommending flight cancellations and initiating alternative plans;
• Obtaining curfew breaks from local airport authorities during irregular operations.
• Providing a fuel summary, flight plans and flight watch for ETOPS , test and training flights.
• In the event of an emergency, initiates procedures as outlined in the OM, while avoiding taking any action that would conflict with ATC procedures.
• Should possess a valid FAA/GCAA Flight Dispatcher license
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar capacity having worked for a commercial airline.
• Sound knowledge of flight planning procedure and JAA Ops Manual.
• Experience in GCAA working environment will be preferred
• High level of computer proficiency is essential.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.