Job description / Role
• Act as population health management subject matter expert for the organization
• Building the entire blue print, program plan for building, operationalizing and running a state of the art National NGS facility & Bio Bank
• Knowledge of Bio Bank requirements, design, build, collection and management for population Gen scale projects
• NGS expert with broad experience in automated data capture and processing, QC and computational pipeline development for both Cloud environments
• Experience across all sectors of the genomics landscape, with deep relationships in clinical diagnostics, government and Pharma
• Possess an in-depth understanding of underlying biological and genetic mechanisms
• Understanding of data science and analytical tools
• Knowledge of Biobanks, design, build, collection and management for population Gen scale projects
• Next-generation sequencing expert with broad experience in automated data capture and processing, QC, and computational pipeline development for both cloud and local HPC environments
• Broad view across all sectors of the genomics landscape, with deep relationships in pharma, agbio, clinical diagnostics, academic medical centers, CROs, and government
• Possesses an in-depth understanding of underlying biological and genetic mechanisms
• Talented bioinformatics data scientist with experience developing analytical tools in Java, Bash, and R
• Versatile team member who excels as a leader, communicator, and science champion, inspiring others to transcend mediocrity in science
• Inventive problem solver; loves challenging use cases
• Conducting raw data and VCF analysis that meets quality standards of major peer-reviewed publications, staying abreast with bioinformatics best-practices as well as cutting-edge data analysis methods from recent publications.
• Providing extended team with data, analysis protocols, figures, method descriptions, code, documentation, support, and anything else that might be needed to meet cloud project goals.
• Managing time and projects efficiently to support the analysis needs of Bio Bank and Lab
• Establishing, refining, and standardizing the process for bioinformatics analysis and validation.
• Benchmark-driven development is expected,
• Meeting and evaluating 3rd party developers, service providers, and consortium members to stay on top of development of new tools, solutions, and practices in the field and come up with the right recommendations
• Observing the highest standards of customer interaction, including maintaining confidentiality when required.
• Supports all proposals and projects for the genomic initiative
• Support the management of resources within projects
• Managing the high throughput NGS Operation
• Maintaining the right QA for operations
• Creation of entire Org chart for running operations
• Support program communication plan and execution
• Developing the pipeline for Next Generation sequencing analysis for Whole genome
• Recommendations for all the right accreditation for the Bio Bank and Lab
• Provide coaching and mentoring of project team with the goal of developing and retaining talent within the organization
• 10 years experience required
• Ph.D. in Molecular Biology/Bioinformatics/Genetics is a must
• Experience in BGI or MGI sequencing platform/technology as a preferable requirement.
• Currently a Principal Research Scientist or Senior Bioinformatics scientist for the NHS or any Global genome program focusing on Bioinformatics, Data Science, Machine Learning and AI with 10-15 years experience in the Healthcare domain.
• Application of Oxford Nanopore Sequencing technology to detect variants on Human Genome, de novo assembly, optimization, pipeline development etc.
• Strong hands on experience with machine learning, cloud deployment & architecture
• Published multiple articles within high level Data Science journals or Nature (not mandatory)
About the Company
Executive Solutions is a different breed of talent consultancy. Driven by a unique philosophy, we think differently and act differently from the pack. Were here to do one thing: to improve our clients businesses by finding, focusing and delivering the most talented people.
We dont just do traditional contingency recruitment. Discovering talent is much more than just matching a CV to a vacancy - its about understanding companys corporate culture and ensuring a comprehensive match. We believe that in order to find the right candidate we must understand the motivations and ambitions of senior management, which is reflected in our personal approach when partnering with a client.
Executive Solutions is your trusted talent solutions partner head quartered in Dubai, specialising in direct talent, tailored talent and HR talent solutions, along with Nationalisation initiatives throughout the Middle East. Driven by a unique philosophy, we incorporate innovative and comprehensive talent management solutions each tailored to suit what our clients need.
Data Scientist - Healthcare
|Abu Dhabi||26 Mar|
Data Scientist - Oil & Gas Experience Mandatory
|Abu Dhabi||26 Mar|
Head of Medical Excellence
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Field Application Specialist
Integrated Gulf Biosystems (IGB)