Job description / Role
• Assist Engineering Manager in design and evaluation of tender proposal and/or project design.
• Assisting with the design of structures, using specialized software or calculations
• Analyze the soil parameters and assess the stability of structures under normal and seismic conditions.
• Analyze the geotechnical data and prepare of geotechnical interpretative report (GIR).
• Analyze geotechnical findings, perform appropriate calculations and prepare data reports to Manager.
• Develop design drawings and specifications for construction projects.
• Plan geotechnical investigation effectively.
• Supervise site and ground investigations.
• Analyze the soil parameters and provide input to the dredging production estimators.
• Review and approve geotechnical design developed by third party consultants.
• Interact with customers and team members to complete the assigned project on-time.
• Review construction design proposals and verify geotechnical aspects.
• Ensure correct design approach as per QA/QC procedure and standards.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• Engineering Degree in Geotechnical Engineering or geology or and equivalent professional qualification.
• Deep understanding of soil and rock mechanics
• High level of knowledge of geotechnical design software and tools
• High level of knowledge of geotechnical standards and guidelines
Function specific experience:
• Consultancy and design experience
• Experience in marine and harbour design
Industry related experience:
• Marine construction
• Dredging and Reclamation
• Geotechnical Survey
Years of experience:
• Minimum 7 years of Port/Marine geotechnical design experience
Verbal/written communication / Language skills
• Excellent English written and verbal communications skills
• Any other language is an asset
• MS Office
• Slope/W or equivalents
• Plaxis 2D
• D-Sheet or Wallap or equivalents
• LPile or equivalents
• Liquefaction and settlement design tools
• Driving License
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.