Job description / Role
Stantec is looking to hire a Geotechnical Engineer to support on a large office building complex which will accommodate the Client's administration and operation employees. The project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
• Profound understanding about theoretical and practical soil and rock mechanics.
• High level of knowledge of geotechnical design software, tools, standards, and guidelines.
• Good Knowledge in foundation design (bearing capacity, stability, settlement, etc.).
• Experience in Ground Improvement, Dredging, and Reclamation.
• Analyze the ground on which the building and other structures will be erected.
• Examine soil, check underground water flow, and conduct other tests to ensure the stability of the area before construction begins.
• Develop design by gathering, correlating, and analyzing engineering data using computer software and/or established procedures and standards.
• When possible, collects and analyses information from discipline and interdisciplinary project BIM models.
• Review and approve shop drawings, test reports and lab results.
• Supervise the works on site and ensure that the proper QA/QC is followed upon execution.
• Supervise and witness all the layers’ compaction and ensure proper laying of materials on site.
• Analyze geotechnical findings, perform appropriate calculations, and prepare data reports to be shared with project management.
• Review and approve geotechnical reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering
• 7-10 years of work experience
• Ability to handle a heavy workload, and to work effectively within a team
• Ability to work autonomously, while reviewing work on a regular basis to consistently meet objectives
• Proficiency in MS Office Softwares (MS Excel, Word) and HR Information Systems
• Fluency in English and high degree of numeracy and literacy.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
Site Engineer (Design & Fit-Out)
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||4 Apr|
Time Electro Contracting
RTC-1 Employment Services