Job description / Role
What are we looking for?
SSH are looking for a talented Senior Graphic Designer to join our Dubai office located in Dubai Design District, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group. The focus will be to work closely with the Marketing Department, SSH Partners and other Design Studio staff to pursue new work, promote past work, and communicate the firm’s expertise and design ethos.
Our portfolio of live projects includes cultural, healthcare, hospitality and retail projects across the Middle East and North Africa.
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
- Development and implementation of brand strategy
- Create design layouts for project proposals and reports
- Maintain a consistent brand image and identity across all company materials
- Collaborate and support the marketing team to design a variety of assets including emails, social media designs, animations, digital ads, website graphics and landing pages, iconography, illustration, etc.
- Demonstrate commitment to contribute with brand positioning amongst top regional and international players
- Visualize ideas in two and three dimensions
- Collaborate with design teams from business development presentations through strategy, design and delivery
- Lead projects from concept to implementation within an interdisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- Work autonomously managing and working on multiple projects simultaneously to meet critical business deadlines
- Mentor and support the Graphic Designer to ensure their skills remain up to date and that they are leveraging current tools and processes to support the Marketing Department
- Create bespoke videos and come up with new technologies tools to support business development and sales initiatives
- Create a centralized content library for the Marketing Department
What do I need to apply?
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator with CAD tools, Photoshop), Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work with 3D modeling programs
- Experience in video editing and knowledge of related software such as After effects, Premier Pro.
- 5+ years of experience as a visual designer
- Strong organizational skills
- Portfolio which contains examples of your work
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of the latest design tools
- Strong illustration, animation skills with high attention to detail
- Knowledge of print production, fabrication and signage
- Creative, resourceful, and dedicated to fully understanding the problem before reaching a solution
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong typography, composition and information design skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Photography and videography skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- From a recognized and established design agency background
- Knowledge of Construction Industry
- Ability to travel if required
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, environmental graphic design, information design, communication design or similar
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.