Job description / Role
AFC is a Tier one Local Contractor with strong presence in the UAE and a proven track record of completing state of the art projects in the region for the past 50 years. An equal Opportunity employer with strong H&S standards.
The aim of this role is to support the HR Director to deliver key strategic change and transformation initiatives across a specific business area.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a proven track record of leading and delivering multiple high profile projects, a sound knowledge of UAE Labour Law and be able to demonstrate strong stakeholder engagement. As the Senior HR Business Partner, it is essential that you have significant experience at operating in a senior HR capacity within a matrix and challenging environment.
As part of the HR Senior Leadership Team you will manage, oversee and deliver on key people management issues and drive HR related improvements ensuring the effective delivery of people policies and programme.
This role is responsible for driving the Employee Relations, Worker Welfare, Talent and Succession Agenda, embedding best practice and facilitating regular discussions with the Operations Senior Management Team.
Based in Dubai you will be supporting managers with the advice, coaching and support they need to effectively manage their teams.
The role of the Worker Welfare Manager includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring workers are treated in accordance with our Policies and Worker Welfare Standards.
- Ensure the AFC Worker Welfare Management Plan is applied, followed, adhered to and reviewed periodically.
- Providing support and guidance in relation to any Worker Welfare Standard and policies.
- Overseeing and monitoring grievances and from workers to ensure action and resolution is taking without delay.
- Representing AFC at any EXPO2020 Worker Welfare management meetings.
- Ensuring NCR’s (Non Compliance Reports) detected by internal- or external EXPO Auditors are closed out within the agreed timeframe as indicated on the Audit report (known as the Issues Log).
- Driving quality and performance across the Worker Welfare team to ensure AFC remains on top of the EXPO2020 Main Contractor league table.
- Proven experience at HR Manager Level successfully implementing HR Strategies on a large scale
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to form effective relationships with Partners and delivery teams under pressure.
- Previous experience of direct client interface beneficial
- Ability to manage the remote workforce who are aligned to wide HR Strategies.
- If you have the expertise to be a success in this role and our business please apply now for an initial conversation
What's on Offer?
Excellent salary and benefits package will be offered for the successful candidate. Career progression with a locally owned organisation that has a strong portfolio of future projects.
About the Company
AFC is a locally registered and managed Building and Civil Contractor enjoying the full financial and technical support of its shareholders. We focus on providing an excellent service to our select list of key customers with whom we aim to build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
With our roots going back over 41 years, our principal activities have grown to cover a broad range of building, civil engineering, and infrastructure works. The company's successes have resulted in consistent turnover of over AED 3 Billion, average workforce of 15,000 and peak workforce of 23,000, a testament to our core knowledge, competency and experience. We approach projects by working collaboratively with our Customers and their design teams to deliver buildable, cost effective solutions using innovative techniques when required.
The principal activities of AFC cover a broad range of building and civil engineering works. They are based on providing integrated solutions tailored to meet Customer demands and achieve successful completion, safely and efficiently, on time and on budget.
Using core knowledge, competency and experience, AFC pragmatically approaches a contracting opportunity to ensure that the project is achievable and also satisfy the corporate values of caring, collaboration, improvement and delivery.
The principal activities of the Company are summarised below:
Commercial and Residential Buildings
- Commercial and Office Buildings
- Retail, F & B Outlets and Showrooms
- Medium and High-Rise Residential Developments
Specialist Buildings & Facilities
- Education and Training Facilities
- Leisure Facilities and Exhibition Centres
- Stadia and Sports Facilities
- Fit Out and Refurbishment Works
- Private Residences
- Hospitals and Clinics
Industrial & Utility Projects
- Industrial Installations and Manufacturing Plants
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Pumping Stations
- Electrical Substations
- Utilities and Service Diversions
- Underground Utilities and Services
- Specialist Temporary Works (Cofferdams, etc)
- Large Excavations and Dewatering
- Roads, Drainage and Landscaping