Job description / Role
As an internal consultant; this role will lead all HR efforts for operations in the UAE and partner with business leaders to support, coach, guide, and ensure compliance, alignment and implementation of amazon people practices
This would include implementing HR best practices, addressing people challenges, building employee engagement, supporting the organization’s effectiveness by hiring and developing the best, and implementing solutions aligned to business strategy.
Own and manage the relationships with several client group business leaders.
• Develop plans and write detailed documents to reflect proposed initiatives, reasoning and data analysis, mechanisms for execution and time lines
• Ensure compliance with HR policies, train and coach leaders and HR resources and create strong relationship with remote Shared Service Centers and through hands-on admin delivery as necessary.
• Provide management support and advice to build leadership capabilities.
• Maintain a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, employee engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits and development activity;
• Support key HR projects and process improvements
• Demonstrate excellent analytical capabilities and influence business leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention and the employee experience.
• Ensure alignment of HR programs by partnering with peers and colleagues in other locations and also across Corporate business units locally
• Coordinate all personnel representative relationships and legal compliance issues.
• Provide expert input to your client groups as well as the HR team in terms of local employment legislation, policies and practices.
• 10 years+’ experience of operating as an HR generalist/ business partner/HR Manager with demonstrated success in meeting exceptionally high standards in a fast-paced, hands-on environment (multinational company preferred).
• Able to demonstrate a successful track record of accomplishments in a complex environment
• Able to manage multiple tasks and projects and cope with ambiguity within a changing environment.
• Strong people management, coaching skills and able to lead by example.
• Experience with warehouse/fulfillment center staff
• Relevant degree in HR, Business or equivalent
• Excellent time management, analytical skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize.
• Confident and able to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Advanced use of Excel and reporting tools.
• High attention to detail and accuracy and demonstrated track record of working to tight deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with fluent verbal and written English.
• Ability to work independently and to deal with ambiguity when necessary
• Demonstrated customer obsession and bias for action
• Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
• Innovative & Pro-active, able to come out with solutions and challenge the status quo
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.