Job description / Role
Senior HSE Coordinator
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior HSE Coordinator is responsible for ensuring adherence to Program’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards of specified Project(s) and auditing of Construction Management Agency and Contractors for proper implementation of Safety controls.
The Senior HSE Coordinator will:
• Ensure the effective implementation, monitoring and measurement of Project’s Health, Security and Environmental Policies within the program.
• Report on the Project’s compliance with Health, Security and Environmental Policies to the HS&E Manager.
• Work with the Project’s and Construction Management Agency’s HS&E Managers to ensure all safety requirements are understood by Contractors.
• Provide guidance to Contractors in reporting of Project incidents.
• Review and evaluate adequacy of actions taken by Contractors to correct safety violations.
• Ensure reporting of monthly safety statistics.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
• Ten years of professional HSE experience involving the application of international HSE standards in the construction industry.
• Previous Safety Experience with major Construction Project(s).
• Current best practice knowledge regarding the application of HSE standards in the construction industry.
• Appropriate professional qualifications and affiliations desirable.
• Work experience on large civil projects, with additional safety knowledge relating to electrical and mechanical work.
• Some pipeline experience desirable as well as experience in deep excavations and scaffolding.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Safety Inspector / Safety Engineer
A Leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi
|Abu Dhabi||6 Dec|