Job description / Role
Project: To work on a regeneration scheme for a large mixed-use development that will host entertainment and sporting events.
The senior HSE Manager will be responsible for the implementation and administration of the PMC HSE policy, strategy, and deliverables by the PMC and its supply chain partners and will be accountable for delivering results within his functional area in accordance with business objectives and targets. The role may also include the direction of departmental resources across the project.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Planning and managing the implementation of RE&D H&S strategies, policy and standards.
• Keeping staff fully informed of the RE&D H&S strategy and applicable legislative requirements.
• Ensuring adequate procedures are implemented to evaluate the adequacy of H&S compliance and performance across the programme.
• Identifying and controlling significant loss-producing exposures and providing summary strategic reports and recommendations to both the project leadership and QHSE leadership team.
• Providing visible leadership and direction on the project.
• Providing guidance and recommendation to project delivery teams.
• RE&D HSQE interaction and liaison.
• Keeping fully informed on all existing and proposed changes in applicable regulations and legislation.
• Ensuring the team works in a collaborative manner, acting inclusively, whilst leading by example.
• Manage the team to be creative and innovative - proactive in utilising new technology and exploring a ‘better way’.
• Manage the team and ensure they consider sustainability and social responsibility goals as they fulfil their role and make plans and decisions.
• Being entrepreneurial and commercially minded seeking new opportunities for Mace.
• You have previous experience at the Senior Health and Safety manager level, previous experience of major projects/programmes
• Previous experience of coordination and leadership of Health and Safety personnel
• Previous experience of management and coordination of Health and Safety in multi-stakeholder environments
• BS degree in Occupational Health and Safety discipline or equivalent experience
• 12 years professional experience with 4 years industry-specific experience preferred and discipline-specific professional registration preferred (PMP, PMI, ICE, RICS).
• You are a strong communicator and presenter, have the ability to ensure the team works in a collaborative manner, acting inclusively, whilst leading by example, and be comfortable and competent as the primary interface with clients and stakeholders at all times in line Mace core values, be an honest, trustworthy, approachable and respected leader.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.