Job description / Role
Your responsibilities will include:
• Planning, managing, and guiding the development and implementation of health and safety policies,
• strategies, programs and standards across all PMC programme functions.
• Recommending strategic direction for all elements of the health and safety programme.
• Keeping staff fully informed of the PMC health and safety programme and applicable legislative requirements.
• Ensuring that occupational safety strategy plan is prepared and shared with all stakeholders on behalf of PMT.
• Inspecting conformity of all operations practiced to current and local occupational safety laws and specifications.
• Implementing and communicating the environmental policy.
• Managing incident reporting and investigations in conjunction with the principal contractor(s)/engineer.
• Carrying out independently regular site safety inspections - record observations and suggested improvements.
• Being key point of contact regarding in house safety system, yellow jacket.
• Assisting with the implementation of QHSE policies, procedures, guidance notes and standards.
• Assisting with QHSE compliance registers in the country of operation.
• Assisting with audits for ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001, and ISO 14001; and other applicable standards.
• Assisting in the creation and coordination of annual audits and inspection schedules for accounts, undertake and provide support for operational.
• Promoting the QHSE management systems to all staff.
• Identifying and communicating areas of improvement and best practice.
• Highlighting any risks and suggest mitigating corrective actions.
• Being a proactive in all activities and work flexibly to support account teams.
• You have a degree qualification or diploma in safety and membership of a professional body. You have experience of leading HSE function for a project of similar nature.
• You are digitally savvy and can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams. • You will have experience delivering projects from start through to completion within a consultancy industry and be poised to expand your own horizons, those of our clients and of our ambitious people alike.
• You have previous working experience on construction projects and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.