Job description / Role
Stantec Abu Dhabi is looking to hire an Senior site Architect ID to ensure the response to necessary construction documentation, including but not limited to review of contractor shop drawings, RFI’s, material submittals and Medical equipment coordination and shop drawings, to manage the efforts of the inspectors to ensure all documentation that is reviewed is then properly translated into a constructed product which meets requirements and specifications. We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our interdisciplinary engineers work collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
In Abu Dhabi, UAE, Stantec has an immediate opening for a Site Architect ID to join our dynamic team.
Responsibilities For The Role:
• Hands-on in monitoring the interior architectural works for conformance with the provisions of the contract documents and the procedures manual.
• Reviewing, and processing all interior shop drawings and architectural, technical submittals and ID related reviews
• Healthcare facility project delivery/construction experience
• Answering RFI’s related to interior architecture.
• Coordinating and supervising the work of all interior architectural activities and operations.
• Lead the coordination process with other disciplines for all clinical spaces, especially the coordination with Medical equipment suppliers
• Reviewing contractor’s interior architectural change order proposals and preparing recommendations to Architectural PM.
• Review and inspection of materials and suppliers to ensure required standards
• Visit manufacturers/suppliers to ensure quality will be achieved
• Inspect materials delivered on site for quality and compliance with specification
• Monitor [sub] contractor’s performance in relation to acceptable standards.
• Liaison and coordinate with the necessary specialized sub-consultants.
• Reviewing contractor’s claims related to interior architectural works and preparing technical recommendations for claims to Architectural PM
• Reviewing the contractor’s project record documents relevant to their discipline.
• Managing the interior inspectors.
• Assisting with the inspection of completed works and monitoring the start-up, testing, commissioning and handover of the interior architectural works.
• Prepare weekly technical interiors report
• Signing off on completed interior architectural works with completed documentation
• Perform all other duties given by PM/ PD
• Minimum Twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years general experience Four (4) years Construction Administration experience
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines: Architecture.
• Strong technical knowledge in interior details and Hospital fit-out.
• Strong knowledge of all interior material and interface details
• Strong knowledge in accommodating/coordinating medical equipment’s requirements.
• Good knowledge of the building code and hospital guidelines.
• Knowledge/experience in AUTO CAD
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office business solution (Excel, Word).
• Ability to review and comment properly on necessary documentation.
• Excellent understanding of specifications and Authority requirements.
• Complete project understanding in given discipline, from start to hand-over. Good team player, proactive thinker, systemic and organized, innovative & problem solving.
• Efficient in time and task management
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.