Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
Senior Industry Intelligence Executive
Our Intelligence function is looking to recruit a Senior Industry Intelligence Executive with a specific focus on our fashion vertical. We are an agile and dynamic team that is positioned as the ‘knowledge hub’ for industries, categories, and brands within the organization.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about numbers, inquisitive, entrepreneurial, and looking to learn and grow in a fast-moving industry. We are passionate about our work and industry, proud to deliver excellent research and insights to the organization and our partners.
The Senior Intelligence Executive will be responsible for the market size and shares reports, deep dives and additional studies for the fashion vertical. They will be responsible for coordination, collection and consolidation of local and regional market estimates that provide our brands and business partners the visibility on the market needed to make more informed and data-driven decisions. They will ensure a strong collaboration with internal and external fashion business units and partners, building relationships and observing trends in the Fashion industry in GCC and beyond.
What you'll be doing
• Fully responsible for local and regional market modelling (B&M and e-Commerce) for fashion vertical, focus on GCC and comparing with global trends
• Analyzing the performance of the fashion market working with Chalhoub franchise brands, joint ventures, distribution, and external partners.
• Ensure strong view on e-commerce market.
• Developing industry insights for the responsible vertical, explaining market shifts, tracking key retail events, providing holistic view on the industry
• Collection, consolidation, and report building of both regional market estimates and local market estimates (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and Oman)
• Ensure data reliability and coordinate with brands on data verification efforts
• Producing and monitoring Fashion market projections
• Developing knowledge of global markets for the responsible vertical to develop GCC context
• Lead development on automation of Fashion vertical in collaboration with our data team
• Consolidating and analysing price studies and supporting the development of reports
• Searching for and suggesting new areas of comparison, development of cross market / channel analytics
• Updating industry figures for corporate presentations and creation of specific presentations to management and external partners
• Conveying analysis and presenting findings to internal and external key stakeholders
• Undertaking specific brands and management ad-hoc requests
• Ensure continuous development of reports, studies, and deep dives: focus on categories, sub-segments, trends, key retail periods, ecommerce
• Collaborate with internal and external partners on capturing new data and insights on the industry
• Sign up new partners for the data collection in order to enhance data sources
• Supporting team planning tasks (market visits, minutes of meetings...)
What you’ll need to succeed
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a fashion business analytics role
• Strong passion for fashion and luxury industry
• Ability to work with large amounts of data, simplify and consolidate it
• Strong ability to drive insights from data points
• Keen eye for detail, a passion for precision and correct data management
• Advanced analytical skills and excellent excel and BI tools knowledge
• Strong presentation building skills
• Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail
• Curious professional continuously striving to develop him/herself
• University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Statistics
• Arabic (read, written and spoken) is a bonus
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.