Job description / Role
The Senior Innovation Specialist in the Innovation Hub powered by Google primary responsibility is to manage the programs and activities at the UAEU SIP "Innovation Hub powered by Google" as well as the communication with the hub partners and stakeholders. h/she will also manage UAEU SIP projects by defining the scope and the resulting implementation plans, defining the benefits, costs, and expected key outcomes and success criteria for UAEU-SIP projects. The Senior Innovation Specialist is also responsible for the selection, management and implementation of SIP PM tools, processes and knowledge management systems.
SCOPE OF WORK
Innovation Hub powered by Google management responsibilities including the design, implementation and supervision of Innovation Hub's programs and initiatives as well as communication with partners and stakeholders
- Lead the strategic development, operational plans and budgeting for the innovation hub
- Manage business development and stakeholder engagement
- Form partnerships with local entities to infuse the Hub with links to local innovators
- Manage all third-party relationships ensuring contracts and agreements relating to the Hub are adequately completed.
- Oversee the smooth operational running of the Hub.
- Ensure that all activities delivered at the Hub are delivered to the highest standard.
- Ensure that all visitors to the Hub are experiencing the greatest benefits from it.
- Plan and supervise the activities to be delivered in the Hub across the year.
- Plan and oversee the activities and courses developed for the Hub.
- Identify, plan and manage the temporary staff needs to run the Hub
- Deliver open days and other one-off events at the Hub
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Design manage and oversee the delivery of programs and events at the Innovation Hub to foster community entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
- Plan and Implement programs and events to infuse the "Making Culture"
- Plan and Implement Programs/Events to build "Creative Confidence"
- Liaise with UAEU SIP programs' team, cross functional and operational team roll out awareness activities such as webinars, information sessions and tours, round tables etc. to engage industry and community and to support extending the value proposition of the SIP to its tenants and partners and to facilitate access and utilization of the innovation hub equipment.
- Co-create and oversee the implementation of schools and university programs, that promote innovation mindset, foster making culture, and creative confidence
- Identify potential technical providers, trainers and instructors to implement the programs at the innovation hub
- Report on the hub activities and align its performance with the UAEU SIP KPIs
- Provide inputs for marketing and outreach activities as well as for other reporting requirements by the hub partners and stakeholders
- Showcase the hub locally, nationally and regionally
UAEU SIP Project and knowledge management
- Design, implement a knowledge (content/document) management system for the UAEU SIP, reports on implementation and continuous improvement process
- Offer training and support to the SIP employees for an effective implementation of the knowledge management system
- Research for adequate project management tools to support organizational efficiency and the UAEU SIP mandate execution
- Customize and ensure the adaptation of the tool to suit UAEU SIP organizational and business requirements and ensure integration of the UAEU SIP processes and templates in the identified project management tool
- build the capacity of UAEU SIP team and vendors on using and utilizing the tool and the embedded processes
- Monitor & report on the project management tool usage and implementation effectiveness. Recommend iterations and updates when required
- Support the SIP budgeting process through the PM tool
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)<b>Preferred Qualification</b>
- Experience in implementing project management and / or knowledge management tools & processes
- Experience in Design and implementation of digital fabrication programs is desirable
- The following skills are required: Accountability, Leadership, Teamwork, Excellent communication skills, Excellent interpersonal skills, Analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects is required
- Familiar with Design Thinking process
- Contemporary knowledge of computing and software such as Android systems and apps, Raspberry Pi and micro-bit microcomputers, web design and development, VR and Google's product range.
- Contemporary knowledge of maker technology and processes such as laser cutting, 3D printing, 3D scanning, digital sewing, software tools for designing in 2D and 3D, use of materials including fabrics and basic electronics.
- Ability to provide clear and up-to-date explanations of computer science concepts such as: algorithms, Application Programming Interfaces (API), databases, networks, and machine learning.
- Professional experience of 2- 4years in managing projects in Information Technology sector/ or emerging technology industries
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HR Source Consulting