Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Senior Interior Designer & FF&E Engineer to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project of a large office building complex which will accommodate the client’s administration and operation employees. This project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
• Hands on in monitoring the interior architectural works for conformance with the provisions of the contract documents and the procedures manual.
• Reviewing, and processing all interior shop drawings and architectural technical submittals, including Material approvals, Method Statements ..etc.
• Supervision construction experience
• Answering RFI’s related to interior architecture.
• Coordinating and supervising the work of all interior architectural activities and operations on site.
• Lead the coordination process with other disciplines
• Reviewing contractor’s interior architectural change order proposals and preparing recommendations to the Project Director
• Review and inspection of materials and suppliers to ensure required standards
• Visit manufactures/suppliers to ensure quality will be achieved
• Inspect materials delivered on site for quality and compliance with specification
• Monitor [sub] contractor’s performance in relation to acceptable standards.
• Liaison and coordinate with the necessary specialized sub-consultants.
• Reviewing contractor’s claims related to interior architectural works and preparing technical recommendations for claims to the Project Manager
• Reviewing the contractor’s project record documents relevant to their discipline.
• Managing the interior inspectors.
• Assisting with the inspection of completed works and monitoring the start-up, testing, commissioning and handover of the interior architectural works.
• Prepare weekly technical interiors report
• Signing off on completed interior architectural works with completed documentation
• Perform all other duties given by the Project Director
• B.S. Degree in Interior Design
• 8-10 years of experience in Interior Design field
• Strong design and project management skills to include all phases of production.
• Must be proficient in space planning, contract documents (includes detailing, specifications, production management, design production), contract administration, project management, and FF&E
• Computer proficiency is required; Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup or 3D MAX, Photoshop, MS project or Primavera, Power Point and basic office suite.
• LEED certification preferred.
• Has presentation skills and is able liaise with the client the design intent and/or development.
• Is able to lead a team in an organized fashion.
• Is able to make design decisions and supervise.
• Is independent and willing to develop other team members.
• Is methodical and has worked within a quality management system.
• Has knowledge on space planning, furniture planning, RCP information, floor patterning, elevations and sections.
• Knows how to develop an enlarged plan, tag and dimension plans, sections and elevations.
• Is able to sketch or model a space in 3D and apply materials and light.
• An active interest and knowledge of current products and trends.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Some knowledge of FF&E suppliers, products and materials.
• Confident dealing with suppliers and requesting information and samples.
• Competent in Excel. Indesign, CAD and Photoshop skills.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Interior Architect
Interior Designer (Hospitality/Hotel Projects)
Senior Interior Designer - Hotel Projects
Senior Interior Designer
Site Architect / Site Interior Designer