Job description / Role
As a Senior Hospitality Interior Designer you are able to plan, design, and furnish interiors of large scale, mid and luxury level projects, including hotels, casinos, restaurants and residences. Formulate design which is practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended client purposes.
• Working with the Studio Design Directors perform interior design assignments developing professional concepts and evolve procedures.
• Capable of leading a team to design and deliver a complete project
• Providing solutions to design problems and generate innovative designs
• Delivering the highest quality of professional service
• Producing space plans, furniture plans, elevations, sections, joinery/millwork details; 3D conceptual views and finished design presentation documentation
• Responsible for design review of the technical drawing packages, answering contractor tender queries and any variation design queries during construction.
• Selection, scheduling and concept of FF&E, color and materials for projects in coordination with other team members for presentation of space planning concepts to clients.
• Acting as primary design interface with clients and attend client / site meetings as required;
• Produce sketch plan/schematic design documentation of interior layouts, loose furniture, joinery, finishes;
• Meet with suppliers, coordinate and educate the design team on new materials, brands and special treatments.
• Oversee the production of finishes boards for client presentations;
• Render plans and elevations to convey a design concept to a client;
• Guiding, advising, and mentoring designers on projects, developing design directions and leading design critiques/forums
• Reviewing drawings, mock ups, materials, and finish samples submitted by project contractors
• Coordination of project teams
• Understands budgets and timelines and can deliver within their set-out
• And any other related responsibility as assigned. Your manager will communicate with you further about specific
requirements and expectations of your job, which can be adjusted according to business and organizational goals.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications to be considered:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited school of design.
• 8 - 10+ years’ experience with proven track record of leading the design of hospitality project.
• Strong planning abilities, including development of design concepts, knowledge of furniture and finishes, planning codes, and budgets.
• Self-starters with good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong skills in client communication and presentations.
• Ability to work well with a team
• Passionate about design and driven towards creative solutions
• You must have first-hand knowledge of industry standard information technology – Auto CAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up etc.
About the Company
We stayed together because of the legacy we’ve built.
Our objective is simple - we want to elevate your experience.
ema. is a Dubai-based interior design studio, bringing together a team of exceptional talent & experience in the design and delivery of projects in the Middle East.
From luxury + lifestyle hospitality, food + beverage, premium residential and workplace projects, ema's emphasis is on creative excellence, documentation quality, superior project management and timely project completion.
ema. brings together regional and global expertise, meaning that each project includes people on the design team that understand and respect the social and cultural needs of the community they are designing for. Our service offers creative design solutions that are ‘on brand’ giving each project its unique personality.
As a firm, our commitment is to ensure that we are a sustainable practice. With a primary focus that centres around, creative innovation, talent development, maintaining and developing key client relationships and strategically positioning ema. to support and optimise our clients position in their respective sectors.
We work closely with our clients as a creative partner to extend their businesses performance through the power of creativity. ema’s approach to a design challenge isn’t based on whimsy or disingenuous decoration, it’s design that’s strategic and informed through a highly collaborative relationship that respects the client’s experience and knowledge.
Interior Concept Designer
Inner Space Interior Design
Interior Designer FF&E Assistant
ema. interior design
Senior Interior Designer
Opus Recruit Middle East
Project Designer - Hospitality
ema. interior design