Senior Internal Auditor
Job description / Role
Our client is an international investment organization whose services span over 60 countries and reach millions of end-users. They are looking to expand their workforce by hiring a Senior Internal Auditor in UAE (based in Abu Dhabi).
The organization is a private alternative investment firm with a team of over 10,000 professionals across more than 15 companies and have a total revenue of over 7 billion. They primarily work under five verticals - Environmental Services, Energy & Utilities, Construction & Contracting, Industrial and Healthcare.
Corporate Governance, Policies and Procedures:
* Implement the IA policies and procedures following the professional auditing standards and leading practices
* Follow all the internal policies of the organization
* Make sure that all the audit work is performed and documented in line with IA regulations.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of IA practices, productivity and coverage and identifies opportunities for the use of computer assisted audit techniques (CAAT)
* Prepare the Risk-Based annual audit plan following the IA policies and procedures
* Draft the annual budget.
* Coordinate the Internal Audit activities with other internal/external stakeholders and providers of audit/consulting services
* Ensure that audit procedures are effectively designed, executed and documented
* Decide on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of audited controls
* Make sure that the audit findings and recommendations are punctual and appropriately communicated and agreed upon with the auditee
* Prepare reports on the results of audit engagements, significant risk exposures and control issues
* Plan and perform investigations and consulting engagements
* Monitor progress towards the achievement of the annual audit plan
* Ensure that IA working papers, reports, memos and presentations are efficiently retained and organized
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a monthly competitive salary. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate within the internal audit function to further progress their career with an global investment corporation. If you are interested and meet the requirements of Big 4 and Big 10 experience, along with practice within healthcare sector, please feel free to apply.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field
* Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent professional certification within the audit field.
* Completed professional certification in accounting (e.g. ACCA, CPA) or IT audit (e.g. CISA) is preferred.
* Should have a minimum of 7 years of experience in internal audit
* Big 4 work experience is a must (KPMG, Deloitte, EY or PwC).
* Experience within the healthcare and contracting sector is necessary.
* GCC work experience is preferred.
* High working knowledge of SAP for audit purposes.
* Professional communication & report drafting ability.
* Advanced knowledge of IFRS and professional auditing standards.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Senior Internal Auditor
Irwin & Dow
Internal Audit Specialist
|Abu Dhabi||27 Feb|
Head of Internal Audit
Middle East Executive