Job description / Role
Our client is an international British Oil & Gas business looking to enhance their audit function.
Perform independent objective audits across the company as Audit Team Member or, with the right skills and capabilities, as Audit Lead.
Deliver audits, either as Audit Team Member and where the SIA has the right skills and capabilities as Audit Lead as described below:
Audit Team Member
* Responsible for delivering the assigned audit work in line with GIA methodology with limited supervision.
* Team member activities will include Execution and may include involvement in other stages of the audit.
* Assigned work will routinely include being responsible for delivering testing for lines of the test plan, writing associated work papers, drafting sections of the Audit Report and contributing to themes and insights.
* Audit Leads are identified when the annual Audit Programme is prepared. SIAs will be assigned as Audit Lead where they have the relevant skills and capabilities and/or it is a development opportunity. The expectation is that SIAs will have a number of Leads per year, with close supervision from a Senior Audit Manager (SAM).
* As Audit Lead, the SIA will be accountable to the SAM for the end-to-end delivery of the Audit (Scoping, Planning, Execution, Reporting and Closure) in line with GIA methodology.
Other Internal Audit activities
* Verifying completion of Agreed Management Actions for Findings assigned in the database of findings that will be from audits completed/in area of business expertise.
* Support quarterly reporting to Management and the Board (e.g. Group Executive Committee and the Audit Committee). This could include updating data, writing sections of reports, supporting development of insights and themes.
* Business relationships - hold relationships with relevant people in the business both verbal and written to help facilitate delivery of assigned audit work.
* Professional qualification, for example Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, chartered or certified accountant is essential.
* 7 - 10 years Internal Audit and/or other relevant experience gained in Oil &Gas, E&C companies or professional services firms (eg: KPMG, Deloitte, EY, PwC) is essential.
* Graduate, possibly with second degree e.g., MSc, MBA.
* Business Knowledge - an understanding of E&C, oil & gas and/or the technical functions that support them, operating in the companies' key geographies.
* Experience of working in different geographies and multicultural organizations would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of ERP systems (eg- Oracle Cloud ERP)
* Functional knowledge - an understanding of some of the key support functions e.g., Finance, HR, IT, Legal, Tax, Compliance, Company Secretariat, etc.
* Salary looking to be offered is about AED 23K-25K
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sr. Financial Accounting Officer
|Ras Al Khaimah||16 Sep|
Internal Audit Manager - Stock/Warehouse/Inventory
Head of Internal Audit
|Abu Dhabi||7 Sep|