Job description / Role
SIS is seeking to hire an experienced lawyer to lead complex investigations across the AME and E&A region, working closely with colleagues in SIS who have legal, law enforcement and accounting backgrounds.
The Role Responsibilities
* To develop capability within the SIS Europe & Americas and AME teams, embedding legal investigations skills to complement existing skills sets of colleagues with non-legal backgrounds.
* Deploy legal investigations skills to enhance investigations undertaken by the SIS Europe & Americas and AME teams, including in relation to conduct and fraud related matters.
* Monitor industry developments in relation to conduct and fraud related investigations and share these with colleagues across SIS Europe & Americas and AME.
* Provide input into the identification of themes, trends and lessons learnt from investigations to support the continuous improvement of the Bank's conduct and control environment.
* Develop good working relationships with business and function stakeholders to ensure appropriate senior management are kept informed of the relevant investigative developments.
* As directed by MD, SIS, EA and AME conduct investigations according the SIS Policy and Procedures, with a focus on material conduct and fraud related matters.
* Prepare written reports in relation to material conduct and fraud related matters, in each case tailored to the internal and external audiences to which they are addressed.
* Ensure all investigation records are kept per Policy and Procedure requirements.
* Work with relevant peer functions including, but not limited to, Forensics, GIS, Legal, Audit, Compliance, FCC and HR to;
- Support and assist on SIS investigations where their subject matter expertise is required and;
- Ensure adequate oversight and tracking of remediation of investigations related findings.
* Ensure regional senior management are fully informed of all key risks and issues in area of responsibility and reported in line with Bank's operational risk process.
* Reinforce an effective and exemplary risk and control culture and further strengthen the control environment
* Where applicable, engage with stakeholders to ensure effectiveness of the Speaking Up Policy & Procedure
Regulatory & Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
* Qualified lawyer with at least 5 years PQE, preferably in a leading international law firm or in-house at an international corporate or financial services company.
* Proven track record of managing complex investigations, with excellent investigation, analytical, problem solving, risk mitigation and report writing skills.
* Understanding of the key features of relevant laws and regulations relevant to Bank and the role of investigations within financial services.
* Knowledge and sound judgement of business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.