Job description / Role
The Senior IT Data Warehouse and BI Specialist's primary responsibility is to coordinate the SDLC activities related to the DWH (including the necessary ETLs) and BI applications, acting as single point of contact for the vendor(s) that develop the underlying solutions.
We are working with an organisation in the UAE who provide a critical service to businesses and consumers alike. As a result of very exciting changes and developments across their Technology function, the new structure has created fantastic opportunities for ambitious professionals who want to make an impact.
* Act as the IT single point of contact during the implementation of the DWH (including ETLs) and BI solutions, interfacing on a daily basis with the vendor(s) and with internal stakeholders (Product Development, PMO, business departments)
* Report to senior management on a weekly basis about the implementation project's status and escalate on a daily basis risks/issues that might impact the timely and successful delivery of the project
* Define/maintain the ETL, DWH and BI architecture, ensuring its maintainability and extensibility for current and future needs
* Analyze functional requirements (coming from the Product Development team), and estimate the feasibility/impacts, with support from the vendor and guidance of the Senior IT Applications Manager
* Review, challenge and approve the solutions and estimations provided by the vendor for new change requests (with support from the Senior IT Applications Manager)
* Engage with the vendor(s) on a daily basis to monitor the progress of new development activities and defect fixes (both production and non-production)
* Install the software packages provided by the vendor in the UAT/SITs environment and perform basic sanity and integration tests
* Perform level 2 support and troubleshoot the DWH and BI incidents (including ETL), engaging Level 3 (vendor) when needed and acting as a single point of contact for the incident escalated to Level 3
* Ensure compliance of the ETL, DWH and BI solutions with all company Policies, especially in terms of security and confidentiality
* Update and maintain Functional and Technical documentation and manuals related to the ETL, DWH and BI applications
A key role in this crucial organisation will pay an attractive salary (dependant on experience) plus benefits to the right candidate.
* Bachelor/Post Graduate Degree in computer science or information technology
* 8+ year experience in IT systems and software development lifecycle
* 5+ years of IT experience in ETL/DWH/BI applications, preferably on Informatica and Oracle-based technologies (experience on "big data" technologies like Exadata or Hadoop is a plus)
* Experience in Data Modelling (preferably using industry-standard tools like ERWIN)
* Experience in defining ETL specifications to integrate source data into a DWH solution, including data quality, data matching, rejections and reconciliation
* Experience in project management, process design & implementation and application architecture (certifications like PM P, Prince2, ITI L, TOGAF, etc. are a plus)
* Experience in post-production support and incident management
* Database experience: Oracle (preferred), Netezza, MS Sql Server, Teradata
* Applications experience: Informatica PowerCenter (Preferred), IBM WebSphere DataStage, Microstrategy, Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, QlickView, Cognos
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.