Job description / Role
Manage and supervise the activities, methods, procedures, and tools that pertain to the operation, administration, maintenance, and provisioning of networks, servers and networked systems.
Oversees the implementation of new technologies and systems. Supervises the installation and maintenance of telecommunication networks and hardware attached to these networks.
Global services business with recent investment looking to expand
- Design, configure and manage core IT platforms and systems (networks, servers, storage, telephony solutions)
- Design, deploy and manage communication solutions for offices and users globally
- Responsible for generating and distributing infrastructure and capacity reports for management review and decision taking
- Lead design activities and sessions with 3rd party telephony, infrastructure and network vendors
- Assess, monitor and challenge 3rd party telephony, infrastructure and network vendors to constantly optimise services and cost
- Design, deploy, manage and support security systems and collaborate with Information Security for prevention and detection of potential security threats
- Educate and train global IT resources to meet basic needs and expectations in line with global IT networking standards and policies
- Manage 3rd party telephony and WAN vendor billing and SLA accomplishment
- Make recommendations to IT management relative to new technologies, infrastructure optimisation and improvement opportunities
- Daily backup procedure handling and data restores of data if so required / demanded
- Restoration and recovery of backup files and archiving of old files for disk space housekeeping
- Manage Virtualized environments (VMware, OVM)
- Manage Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), O365, AWS, Azure
Highly competitive salary package on offer plus chance to progress in a high growth global business
* BS in Computer Science, other relevant discipline, or equivalent
* Industry certifications preferred such as MCSE, MCP, CCNA, VMware, A+, etc.
* At least 5+ years of expert level experience in a LAN/WAN environment in a global corporation
* At least 5+ years in IT, network and data centre management
* Cloud IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, O365, AWS, Azure
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.