Job description / Role
• Develop and manage short and long-term strategic goals for the IT Department guided by the strategic goals of the Holding Company’s IT function.
• Direct the development of an annual business plan for the IT Department.
• Communicate IT strategic goals to relevant internal stakeholders.
• Set end-to-end infrastructure technology vision, roadmap and plan(s) towards realizing the IT’s strategies and objectives.
• Align budget planning with strategic, project and operational business requirements for maximizing value.
• Comply with all organizational health, safety and environmental standards, policies and procedures.
• Oversee the management of all data and information flows within Gulf Film and Novo Cinemas to ensure that comprehensive and accurate management information is available as required.
• Identify as appropriate and possible the gaps in the ERP/HCM/CRM vs. operational requirement, work flow and initiate the needed actions for automation and work efficiency.
• Define and establish contracts with vendors, including Annual Maintenance Contractors (AMC), and monitor vendor performance (at the Group level) to ensure complete adherence to contracted norms and the provision of best-in-class services for the Group IT infrastructure and software.
• Define and agree upon internal and external project milestones and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to track project progress, and managing escalations as per deadlines
• Establish security measures for the IT Department to ensure system and operations reliability and support by the necessary documentation and manuals.
• Continuously coordinate with the IT function in the Holding Company to ensure guidelines and regulations are implemented in all IT activities conducted by Gulf Film and Novo Cinemas.
• Oversee the setup of an efficient backup system, as well as construct a contingency and disaster recovery plan for IT operations in case of system failure.
• Monitor all key management systems operations and plans and supervise execution of periodical maintenance activities whilst ensuring minimum downtime and speedy resolution of problems.
• Determine software application needs based on Business units’ feedback and system requirements.
• Ensure development and installations of reliable applications, networks and databases for all core and support functions by IT staff.
• Manage the integration process between VISTA and NAVISION systems.
• Manage training and technical support provided by IT staff to all end users on technological matters and various applications.
• Manage virtual security components for all systems and operations including back up options in order to ensure access points are restricted to authorized users only.
• Ensure data confidentiality, integrity and availability for all Business Units within Gulf Film and Novo Cinemas.
• Maintain and update Gulf Film and Novo Cinemas website and coordinate with the Exhibition Marketing & Sales Department, represented by the Brand Marketing section, in addition to the Movie Marketing Department for content to be uploaded.
• Coordinate with third parties including website developers and designers regarding updates of the Company’s website.
• Coordinate with the HR & Training Department regarding content to be uploaded on the Company’s website including job vacancies.
• Manage the Company’s intranet and coordinate with all Business Units regarding content to be uploaded and shared between Gulf Film and Novo Cinemas staff.
• Manage IT support provided by IT staff to the online ticketing system, on-site Kiosks, and mobile applications, as needed.
• Review and approve purchase requests developed by IT Officers for the required software and hardware and follow-up with the Procurement Administration Department on processing of purchase requests.
• Maintain strong relationships with IT product and service suppliers and -service providers.
• Develop and maintain service level agreements with IT service providers and monitor performance
• Monitor IT product performance and manage vendor relations (i.e. vendor selection, maintaining relationships, etc)
• Manage and provide professional support to Officers and Administrators in the IT Department.
• Provide professional development and perform periodic performance appraisals for Officers and Administrators in the IT Department (in coordination with the HR & Training Department) and approve incremental increases and levels of financial rewards, e.g. bonuses and annual pay increments for staff under immediate control.
• Ensure that all Officers and Administrators in the IT Department acquire the required skills and knowledge through appropriate training programs in coordination with the HR & Training Department.
• Develop manpower plans for the IT Department and work with the HR & Training Department on succession planning for key positions in the IT Department.
• Bachelor degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant discipline from an accredited institution.
• 10-12 years of experience in IT with at least 6years of experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
• Vista/Cinema experience preferred.
• Demonstrated high level skills in leadership and management.
• English proficiency required.
About the Company
Novo Cinemas is home to the most innovative entertainment experiences in the GCC, offering each visitor A Great Time Out since 2014. We are one of the largest cinema chains in the Middle East because we push boundaries, pioneer change, and consistently strive for the "new". We began our legacy by introducing the region to such evolutionary technologies as the largest IMAX with Laser in the MENA region, online booking, e-kiosks and the first cinema-dedicated mobile app.
Novo Cinemas takes pride in showcasing the latest viewing technology, being acknowledged as the regional leader in cinema innovation when bestowed with the Most Innovative Cinema award at ComiCon ME 2017. This award is a testament to our dedication to providing customers with the most state-of-the-art movie-going experiences possible.
Our theaters are cinematic experience hubs creating lasting memories for every customer. Novo brings movies to life, letting guests choose from 2D, 3D, 4D, IMAX with Laser, ATMOS and luxury 7-Star VIP suites for their comfort. Supporting the in-theatre entertainment are bespoke gourmet menus, the latest trends in cinema snacks including frozen popcorn, fresh crepes and healthy treats. We are committed to providing every community with a personalized and outstanding entertainment experience placing cinema-goers at the forefront. Known as a destination for regional premieres, we are proud to host the most anticipated preview screenings. In addition to blockbuster releases, Novo offers corporate and private group bookings as well as alternative content such as live boxing, cricket and football matches and the performing arts. Films can be as informative as they are entertaining and Novo's commitment to education is reflected in our wide range of stunning IMAX documentary films available for private school bookings.
There are currently 158 screens across the GCC, ongoing expansion will see our numbers grow to over to 220 screens in more than 20 cinemas in four markets by 2019. Novo Cinemas. A Great Time Out! www.novocinemas.com