Job description / Role
The role is responsible to independently conduct all laboratory procedures or under the supervision of the production management team following operational rules and procedures.
• Supervising Laboratory and junior laboratory technicians and ensuring their abidance to going rules and policies as applied and implemented in the Section/Department/Facility (as per requirement).
• Maintaining sufficient inventory of material supplies and equipment for performance of duties.
• Reporting shortage of materials to supervisor at earliest convenience, ordering and approving replenishments when necessary.
• Specimen management, NA extractions, quality management, library preparation and sequencing.
• Ensuring that a quality poly and Best Practices are maintained at all times in the sequencing workflow
• Operating, calibrates and maintains lab equipment
• Evaluating quality of samples, extracted DNA/RNA, quality of reagents and consumables used and prepare reports where requested in the process management of the laboratory workflows
• Ensuring that equipment is used in the correct manner to obtain optimum results and informs Supervisor of equipment malfunction.
• Promoting and maintaining quality in all services and ensure continuous quality improvement measures are in place.
• Conduct method evaluation/development as per standard policies and procedures
• Complying with all safety, health and quality control programs and procedures as applicable
• Complying with applicable precautions for environmental safety, infection control, using a series of interventions that minimize or prevent cross infection
• Maintaining the strictest confidence in relation to patient information whether formally or informally recorded
• Practicing within the expressed limits of established policies and procedures
• Ensuring that SOP (standard operation procedures) and Quality Assurance tests are maintained within all sections
• Being responsible for documenting all intervention in appropriate format
• Comply and support clinical audit processes within the service and report on these as agreed
• Communicating in a professional and courteous manner with patients, family and other medical personnel as necessary to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, clarify orders and communicate status
• Interacting courteously with doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers when answering questions or providing other information.
• Participating in training and education sessions for department staff, doctors and nurses in the safe and secure handling of drugs and equipment, prescribing (whenever applicable), administration and treatment and management i.e. teaching, induction, peer review, case studies, and clinical presentations
• BSc degree in Life Sciences or Graduate of an accredited (MLT) program leading to registration with ASCP/CSMLS or equivalent is an added advantage
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a Life Sciences related laboratory environment.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in sequencing.
About the Company
Group 42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing company, uniquely positioned in the national ecosystem to develop and deploy holistic and scalable AI solutions.
• Industry Solutions: experienced team of data scientists and engineers based in Abu Dhabi. • Fundamental AI research, through our subsidiary the Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence (IIAI), on AI, big data and machine learning. • Cloud Computing Infrastructure: the largest and most powerful Cloud Computing capability in the region. • Multidisciplinary and diverse team.
G42 has an active and extensive partnership network, connecting leading international organizations who complement our ecosystem and support our vision. Our partnerships range from strategic teaming agreement, joint ventures, to direct investment by G42.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Quality Assurance Lab Specialist
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 May|
Laboratory - (General Medical Technologist) with CAP Experience
Ain Al Khaleej Hospital
|Al Ain||19 May|