Job description / Role
- Leads and manages the design of various projects including day to day coordination with project team members
- Develops and creates high quality and innovative concept designs
- Prepares preliminary and detailed design drawings and documentation including technical specifications and construction detailing
- Selects and recommends landscape materials and palette for hardscape, softscape and site furniture based on local knowledge/experience of materials
- Leads and manages developing concept and detailed master plan focused on public realm design and strategies
- Ability to manage and execute a project from concept through to construction documentation
- Strong graphics and presentation skills in both hand sketches and digital program/software
- Attend client presentations and meetings including internal team meetings and workshops
- Ability to multi-tasks in a fast-paced working environment
- Assist in any business development, win work and delivering technical/commercial proposals
Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited university
- 8-10 years of working experience in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Master Planning
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in ME is an advantage
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Strong computer skills (AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Sketch Up, Lumion, Microsoft Office)
- Basic to intermediate knowledge/skills in Revit is an advantage
Salary & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).